IGNORED

Got this problem with diy recording

Hello

BBc radio 3 gives excellent 320k bps output on my fm tuner. The problem is its not always at a convenient time

so I would like to record it and listen later. How can I record the BBc stream from the internet.

I am running xp on the laptop, have a usb to optical convertor feeding by toslink nto a quad 99 cd player and dac.

Most programs I have found use the analogue output from the laptops sound card. Not audiophile.

Any ideas.

Thanks

thyristor44

Have you tried the get_iplayer application to download the stream?

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

Got it working fine but is it recording the digital stream.

Yes... The get_iplayer saves the digital stream.

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

There's a few tuners about that can retrieve internet broadcasts and it's now the exception to find a tuner that doesn't have a coax or tos output.

I thought at one stage if there was a chance to avoid the computer altogether and procure a small TASCAM or KORG recorder and let it record overnight from an internet/FM/DAB+ tuner. Unless you tap into the internet radio, there's no download limit with FM or DAB+.

The on board CF cards can record quite a long session and the best so far digital wise is 48kHz PCM anyway, so there's lots of room. Other than that it means to mess about with digital PC boards and have the computer on.

I haven't tried total recorder, looks like something that could work for streaming music services, heh, even the lossless types.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

Thanks for all the help mates, I have it going now and can record the digital stream with vlc

and have the choice of internal sound card or eternal usb dac.

Thanks

thyristor44

Hey, I hadn't realised VLC can do that. Can you schedule it to record automatically?

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted.

- Einstein