IGNORED

Group Buy for full ATX Linear PSU from Teradak

Ben-M

Just fyi:

I spoke to PayPal and they said my payment won't reach Teradak until 5th November (because it's an e-cheque) and it can't be stopped at this point in the process. After the 5th November Teradak can choose to cancel the payment, which would return the money and let me pay by bank transfer instead - if that's what we decide to do. I don't know how long it would take for the funds to go back into my account though, so that's not a great option.

PayPal couldn't give me any information on Teradak's account status, so there was nothing I could do to authorise my payment, explain about the group buy, or otherwise help in any way. That also means I can't be 100% certain the information above is correct, as the customer service lady may not know all the details.

For the moment I can't do anything else, so I'll leave it up to you guys to sort something out. After the 5th November I'll check to see where we are and we can discuss what the best option might be.

Thanks Sprout. I've seen your payment information via Michael's screenshots, so everything is fine there.

As for the PayPal lady not having all the information, there just may be policies that restrict her discussing another members account. I've seen Michael's PayPal screenshots and it all does seem to be true.

Like you said though, we'll give it a couple days and see how mine and Michael's idea plays out. Let's hope it works.

As for more info, I had told you guys initially that I was going to be super busy in October and November, and well, I am.

I've got to attend the AAPEX/SEMA trade show in Las Vegas next week, so my communication and response time is going to be shoddy all week.

I will be in contact with Michael to sort out our payment stuff, but PMs and posts here won't get their regular attention.

I'll pop in when I can :-)

Hey guys, I've gotten a bunch of emails from Michael about adding units to an order or friends of buyers trying to get in.

#1 - I'm the liaison to Michael about the group buy. Due to the surge in emails, he and I have decided that any communication regarding it must come to me. He will not answer any questions.

#2 - Tier 1 is closed. Locked solid. Shut. We can't have a single more unit added, even from an existing buyer. Zero.

If all the new people jumped into Tier 2 there would probably be enough interest to send it through.

I know the idea of trying to slip in is attractive, but it's not gonna fly. Commit yourself to Tier 2, try to drum up interest, and it'll probably go ahead. That's really your only option for now.

Thanks guys.

Hey guys, I've gotten a bunch of emails from Michael about adding units to an order or friends of buyers trying to get in.

#1 - I'm the liaison to Michael about the group buy. Due to the surge in emails, he and I have decided that any communication regarding it must come to me. He will not answer any questions.

#2 - Tier 1 is closed. Locked solid. Shut. We can't have a single more unit added, even from an existing buyer. Zero.

If all the new people jumped into Tier 2 there would probably be enough interest to send it through.

I know the idea of trying to slip in is attractive, but it's not gonna fly. Commit yourself to Tier 2, try to drum up interest, and it'll probably go ahead. That's really your only option for now.

Thanks guys.

Ben

You should be aware that there is an issue with posting here. You login, it's accepted then you click Reply,

the site says you are not logged in. Then you go to help, Notification is enabled and you are logged in. You can then go

to Forum and can post a reply. Weird.

I have flagged this up with Chris under General.

Fred

fmak

Paid. Quite late ... sorry been busy with work & life.

And as a bonus I did not see the latest posts and paid in full. Perfectly done :)

Sent to:Li Yun Chin

Email:[email protected]

Payment sent to: [email protected]

Total amount:-$516,75 USD

Fee amount:$0,00

Hope it is ok.

Actually it's not really OK, because of the issues I mentioned.

I'll speak with Michael about it, but we'll probably refund your payment and pick one of the 2 other methods. I'll contact you by PM, I'd apprciate if you answered me quickly since I've been trying to contact you for a while.

I want the psu and thank you for the effort but cannot promise to answer same-day or to always read a few pages of somewhat confusing msges. Wish I had the time but I just don't.

Sent you a private with more details, your choice.

Wish you luck with the buy either way.

Hi Ben,

Still not clear how to send payment through for my linear PSU group-buy. Holding off payment until advised further on how to send payment given the issues we have been having with Paypal.

No need to reply personally, just saying I haven't forgotten about paying for my order : )

Andre

Hi Ben,

Still not clear how to send payment through for my linear PSU group-buy. Holding off payment until advised further on how to send payment given the issues we have been having with Paypal.

No need to reply personally, just saying I haven't forgotten about paying for my order : )

Andre

Thanks for waiting it out, guys.

Teradak's updated PayPal info & procedures.

A.) pay 100% of your price, not the 30% I mentioned earlier.

B.) pay 100% to [email protected]

C.) DO NOT include the message as I stated before, there's a new one.

1. forum name

2. ATX-XXX(whichever PSU you're ordering)

So, mine would look like this:

1. ben-m

2. 2x ATX-350

Teradak had issues because of the other message, so this should keep it straight.

Thanks guys, I hope the few remaining payments roll in soon, or else I'll be after you~

Paid.

@Ben_M – are we to use the "ship to" address option in the paypal transfer? Personally I left this off and only included the requested information in the message box.

That's alright, you don't need it. I've given Teradak a pretty detailed master ordering list, so whatever address you gave me is what they will be sending it to.

Ben, I paid Teradak originally a couple of days after the original buy closed. My paypal account shows that Terdak has been paid. Was it only some of the buys that didn't go through via PayPal?

Your payment is fine, I've already confirmed it amoung the others. I PM'd everyone that this applies to, so if you don't have a PM then you've got nothing to worry about.

All the payments went through, but they're being held until Teradak assembles, ships, and provides a shipping number. This is because all the payments came in at about the same time and PayPal's security department flagged it as uncharacteristic behaviour for their account.

Any update/ETA on the shipping date?

Nothing besides the original I mentioned a week or so back. Still estimated shipping dates between Dec 01-14.

I've asked Teradak for an update, but they said they're still gathering supplies and assembling the little parts they have on hand. I'll update the thread when I get some pictures and feedback from Teradak about the build.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, just a small update.

All buyers have paid, so that's great. Secondly, Teradak's team has been assembling and cutting little things while waiting on the bigger pieces to arrive and really get the project moving. I'm told the good stuff will be in some time next week, so once they're in and some more substantial building happens I'll post the pictures I get.

As far as I know we're still on schedule for shipping by mid-December.

An update about Tier 2:

There has been an increase in Tier 2 interest the past couple days and we've got about 6-8 semi-confirmed buyers. This is enough to make Tier 2 go ahead, but if we don't crack 10 units then we'll only get the internal wiring changes, not the sand-blasted/matte black aluminum case.

Anyway, good news on that front for the people that didn't make it in to Tier 1. Build on Tier 2 won't start until Tier 1 is all done and Teradak catches up on some of their other orders. So Assembly and shipping for Tier 2 won't be finished until roughly the middle to end of February. Also, now that we know of the shipping cost changes, that part will be updated. I'll most likely open a new thread for Tier 2 to clear any confusion.

So, that's it for now and I'll get those progress pictures up next week when I get them.

Ben,

Could you ask Michael two things:

- What rails come from what transformer?

- Is the 5VSB auto current limited (does it withstand being short circuited, capping the current at 2.2amps), or will that blow a fuse? I assume the latter b.t.w. (it will blow a fuse)..

My guess:

- It seems the big toroid supplies the main ATX 3.3V / 5V / 12v rails via the 3 regulator boards at the sides (on heatsinks).

- Since all ATX types have the same 2.2amps on the 5VSB line, I assume the blue transformer in the middle, sits on it's own regulator board and is supplying the 5VSB rail.

- That leaves the small board at the back for the -12V. I cannot tell what it is feeding from...

NB. To all of you guys contemplating a build with internal batteries, using the 5VSB (like me): Unless the 5VSB is resilient to being short circuited (likely not), you need a charger board to limit the load current to your battery... No big deal if you plan to insert an Anker type USB battery bank, since that has that all built-in...

Bits to analog: Server [i9-10850k; Win10Pro, Roon Core + HQPlayer4 >all DSD256x] -> mRendu -> Regen -> Lampi GG

Analog to sound: ASR Emitter II Exclusive, Battery -> Gryphon Mojo S + 2 x REL G2

Details: Audio System