IGNORED

Group Buy for full ATX Linear PSU from Teradak

Ben-M

''I was considering to write to Teradak to ask for an time estimation for tier 2 but I prefer to ask you first''

Teradak is doing serious business in monetary terms. I find it incredible that they do not respond promptly

and meaningfully to customer requests and enquiries. This has certainly been my experience from Day zero (order process)

to day 60 before getting 2 leds and two capacitors to make good their own mistake. The Chinese New Year thing

was just a poor excuse as other China vendors didn't do this.

Why should Ben have to take on the burden as intermediary?

fmak

''I was considering to write to Teradak to ask for an time estimation for tier 2 but I prefer to ask you first''

Teradak is doing serious business in monetary terms. I find it incredible that they do not respond promptly

and meaningfully to customer requests and enquiries. This has certainly been my experience from Day zero (order process)

to day 60 before getting 2 leds and two capacitors to make good their own mistake. The Chinese New Year thing

was just a poor excuse as other China vendors didn't do this.

Why should Ben have to take on the burden as intermediary?

I don´t want anybody to carry any sort of burden. I apologize if this is what it seems. My comment is only because I didn´t know if i could/should contact directly, for me, it is a question of respect.

I don´t want anybody to carry any sort of burden. I apologize if this is what it seems. My comment is only because I didn´t know if i could/should contact directly, for me, it is a question of respect.

Hi JM,

I asked Teradak for an update yesterday and they gave me the pricing info on their standard PSUs + updates that they found during the Group Buy. I'll post them tomorrow when I get some free time.

As for Tier 2, it is doesn't look good for going ahead. There doesn't seem to be much interest in it any more, understandably given the time, and Teradak also didn't make out as well as they'd hoped profit wise from the last build. They gave us a large discount and then incured higher shipping and BOM costs afterwards, so Tier 2 pricing would have to reflect those changes.

Anyway, I'll post the pricing tomorrow, but I recommend that you contact Teradak and let them know you were a Tier 2 buyer and see what they can do for you.

Hi JM,

I asked Teradak for an update yesterday and they gave me the pricing info on their standard PSUs + updates that they found during the Group Buy. I'll post them tomorrow when I get some free time.

As for Tier 2, it is doesn't look good for going ahead. There doesn't seem to be much interest in it any more, understandably given the time, and Teradak also didn't make out as well as they'd hoped profit wise from the last build. They gave us a large discount and then incured higher shipping and BOM costs afterwards, so Tier 2 pricing would have to reflect those changes.

Anyway, I'll post the pricing tomorrow, but I recommend that you contact Teradak and let them know you were a Tier 2 buyer and see what they can do for you.

OK thank you very much Ben.

Cheers,

JM

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone done a comparison between Teradak ATX and dual Iinear 12V PSU into PicoPSU & CPU (as per Paul Pang Audio)? I've seen some lots reports of improvements over laptop brick into PicoPSU but not a comparison where the PicoPSU is fed with a 12v linear and at a lower load as a result of not having to power the CPU.

Really enjoying my 350W Teradak - there is simply no going back to even the best switching supplies. My AX1200i sounds simply harsh, forward, noisy and blurry, 2 dimensional. So why did I swap the AX1200i back in?

My 350W Teradak set off a smoked detector - it still runs, and temp I would estimate 50-55 degrees near the 12V regulators (it was an unseanoably warm day). My nose is blocked so I can't tell if there is a cooked electronics odour. I could be pushing the 12V rails a bit hard as the CPU is 77W TDP i7 3770K which could feasibly draw 115+ Watts - not that I have the gear to test the power draw from the CPU. I am considering buying at low powered CPU not to push the PSU so hard, but I would also like to verify if this is the case, and also try to find out if there is any damage to the PSU.

Any ideas? Should I have a tech have a look at the PSU? Order the 3770T anyway?

Thanks

Really enjoying my 350W Teradak - there is simply no going back to even the best switching supplies. My AX1200i sounds simply harsh, forward, noisy and blurry, 2 dimensional. So why did I swap the AX1200i back in?

My 350W Teradak set off a smoked detector - it still runs, and temp I would estimate 50-55 degrees near the 12V regulators (it was an unseanoably warm day). My nose is blocked so I can't tell if there is a cooked electronics odour. I could be pushing the 12V rails a bit hard as the CPU is 77W TDP i7 3770K which could feasibly draw 115+ Watts - not that I have the gear to test the power draw from the CPU. I am considering buying at low powered CPU not to push the PSU so hard, but I would also like to verify if this is the case, and also try to find out if there is any damage to the PSU.

Thanks

Well it seems i got a very similar setup like yours. I might be able to share few things that help you. I did buy 350w Teradak and was previously use AX860i. Yes i found a similar feedback when comparing between the two of them, switching PSU sucks. I thought Corsair AX series was pretty good but i was wrong.

You can always buy a power meter from ebay, they are fairly cheap. I did buy one and have successfully measure the load of Teradak PSU. For testing and burn-in process, i ran a CPU/GPU test and managed to draw around 250w thanks to the GTX 960. I ran it for couple of days without a problem. I never pass 300w of usage though. However Teradak 350w should be able to draw 350w.

I am sure my nose was not blocked, i never had a weird smell on Teradak PSU. I am sure by now, i have use my Teradak PSU roughly over 700 Hours without a problem. Oh yeah, i always try to operate with a room temperature less than 28 Celsius by turning on Aircond on a hot days. Why is that? I found Teradak significantly too hot, as if the heatsink fin on the side of chassis is not big enough. Too hot that i can't put my hand on it. Also i use a power filter if that helps.

To be able to trigger a smoke detector, that's pretty messed up. I am not sure at this point that your Teradak has been damaged or still intact. Or maybe it has a fault from the beginning. You can try few things:

1. Try to operate on lower temperature, all data center in the world runs on 16C - 24C, that's the best temperature for servers.

2. On other note, my CPU has TDP of 65w. I think yours has TDP of 95w, that might also be a problem. I don't know the max limit of CPU rail provided by Teradak. What i am sure is the limit of 6-pin rail to GPU, that's why i am using GTX 960 and not GTX 970 or higher model. Well before you buy another lower TDP processor, you can always try to underclock it first. 2 Ghz should be enough to run audio stuff and disabling Hyper Threading feature.

Anyway, why would you need intel i7 for your comp audio? i thought i am the weirdest person by installing a decent GPU on my HTPC.

Meanwhile you are stuck with AX1200i, i can recommend you to unplug the "i" cable from AX PSU to "COM" port of motherboard. If you never use it, then it's good because it makes a lot of noises, destroying SQ.

Hi JM,

Hi Ben

Where can I find the prices you mention? Also, is tier 2 still open for ordering? Thanks!

Synology DS214+ with MinimServer --> Ethernet --> Sonore mRendu / SOtM SMS-200 --> Chord Hugo --> Chord interconnects --> Naim NAP 200--> Chord speaker cable --> Focal Aria 948

Thanks

underclock your cpu and ram in bios for lower power consumption also better sound

id be interested in a tier 2 aswell

Sorry guys, I didn't get any notifications of the activity in here.

Drez, contact Teradak with the email I listed a few pages back. They're good about trouble shooting and will steer you right. Sorry to hear, though.

And the other guys, my pc died and I've only just gotten it back. I'll go back through my emails and post up Teradak's current pricing info for the 3 PSUs.

As for a Tier 2, it's a no go. You'll have to contact Teradak directly and they'll work with you as a previous Tier 2 buyer and see what kind of discount they can give.

And finally, as Neige2000 said, underclock, underclock, underclock. The TDP is about what kind of heat the CPU generates and what the heatsink or fan will need to dissipate. Though low heat means lower wattage draw, it's a backwards way at looking at power draw from the PSU.

If you just buy a normal CPU and then underclock it and the ram in BIOS, then you'll be getting the same effect our better without having to pay more for a factory limited copy that will never be able up be repurposed.

And finally, I run 2 PCs with Xeons, so you guys aren't crazy for going i7. I would have went i7, but I wanted ecc ram support and i7 doesn't have it.

i7 + a gtx960 though... That is crazy.

Hi JM,

Here is the updated, standard pricing on the Small Linear ATX PSUs from Teradak right now. If you're looking to order, there is no more Group Buy and you'll have to contact Teradak directly by email at [email protected] or [email protected].

Teradak Small Linear ATX PSU.png

And if you have any current issues with your PSU it's safe to ask in here, but make sure you email Teradak about it as well because they're very good with trouble shooting.

• 5 weeks later...
Hi

could someone kindly link to the 350-ATX described in this thread

I can find Computer ?PC ATX? linear power supply and 380W music computer have a fever PC linear power supply on their site but doesnt seem right.

I also had a look, but didn't see anything. Their website isn't updated too often, nor is it very straight forward and easy to buy something. Just fire Teradak an email to the addresses I listed and reference the prices posted in that picture above. I got it straight from them, so it's as legit as they come.

Good luck, and watch out, or you'll catch the fever~

HI Ben-M

I know that it is a little bit late but I am a new member and I am interested in this PSU teradax

Is it available if I need one?

Thanks

By the way you can contact me : [email protected] for fast reply

Thanks

By the way how about the results comparing between Corsair ax 1200i with teradax 350 (it is noted that Teradax is more than double the price)

HI Ben-M

I know that it is a little bit late but I am a new member and I am interested in this PSU teradax

Is it available if I need one?

Thanks

By the way you can contact me : [email protected] for fast reply

Thanks

Hey Pioneer, welcome to CA and to the next of many crazy steps. The LPSUs are still available and Teradak are continuing their development. You'll have to follow my info in post #516 that I've copied below. Email Teradak and they'll take it from here.

Here is the updated, standard pricing on the Small Linear ATX PSUs from Teradak right now. If you're looking to order, there is no more Group Buy and you'll have to contact Teradak directly by email at [email protected] or [email protected].

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18577[/ATTACH]

And if you have any current issues with your PSU it's safe to ask in here, but make sure you email Teradak about it as well because they're very good with trouble shooting.

By the way how about the results comparing between Corsair ax 1200i with teradax 350 (it is noted that Teradax is more than double the price)

As for comparisons, no one has put those 2 on the chopping block that I know of. There were a few people that compared the SuperFlower LeadEx 750 to a PicoPSU + LPSU and said that even though the SuperFlower had better test results they preferred the sound of the PicoPSU + LPSU. Since that time the Teradak LPSU came out and even within this thread it was upgraded with some mods to result in MUCH better performance. In the end there wasn't a shoot out, but I've got faith in the Teradak units, especially any newer ones.

Hey Pioneer, welcome to CA and to the next of many crazy steps. The LPSUs are still available and Teradak are continuing their development. You'll have to follow my info in post #516 that I've copied below. Email Teradak and they'll take it from here.

As for comparisons, no one has put those 2 on the chopping block that I know of. There were a few people that compared the SuperFlower LeadEx 750 to a PicoPSU + LPSU and said that even though the SuperFlower had better test results they preferred the sound of the PicoPSU + LPSU. Since that time the Teradak LPSU came out and even within this thread it was upgraded with some mods to result in MUCH better performance. In the end there wasn't a shoot out, but I've got faith in the Teradak units, especially any newer ones.

Thanks for early reply

Your information is helpful

I have both of these, and comparing between the two, the Teradak linear is more focussed, detailed, dynamic, better extended, better timing, less digital hash/noise.

I have both of these, and comparing between the two, the Teradak linear is more focussed, detailed, dynamic, better extended, better timing, less digital hash/noise.

Thanks a lot, Drez, that's awesome to hear.

Have you ever thought of doing up a mini review or shootout? I don't have any other PSUs on hand to compare against the Teradak, not even a PicoPSU, but it looks like you've got the best mainstream SMPS on the market there. It'd be great to hear your about your results more in depth and what else you might have compared it to.