IGNORED

Group Buy for full ATX Linear PSU from Teradak

Ben-M

The 6-pin is for the graphic card.

I believe no one from group buy will use it.

I am happily using it for my NVIDIA GTX960 :) I am probably the only one here using it. some of my collections are music videos (1080p and 720p), which i am playing it with jriver and madvr codec. Of course i do turn it off all GPU functions including GPU fan when listening to music only.

Believe me, that madvr can easily consume the whole GTX960 easily as an appetizer and still asking for more GPU performance. Even NVIDIA GTX 980 is not enough to set max quality in madvr, other forum has confirm testing on this.

I am happy to report that Teradak - 350 can fully support NVIDIA GTX960 that has TDP of 120W. The card itself consume approximately 120W when stressed to the max, not including processor, memory, SSD etc.

Ben,

One other minor item for the information of others. The spare fuses that came in the plastic bag with mine were also 8 amp and 3 amp 250V fuses. However the actual fuse fitted in the IEC power inlet on my unit is 5A 250V. There is also a spare 5A fuse in this holder. I am in Australia on 240V so a 5A fuse should provide 1,200 watts. I would be surprised if this is not adequate for a 275W power supply but if it blows on start up I can always try the supplied 8A fuse. As for the 3A fuse for the separate +5VSB rail I assume that fuse is internal and you need to take the top cover off to access it. Arrrrre the top cover again ! (Couldn't resist).

Mark

I am still not fully satisfied with Teradak's answer. I am suspecting that they gave us 8A FAST BLOW fuse. What we probably need is not more than 3A SLOW BLOW fuse. I am now ordering 3A SLOW BLOW fuse and will experiment myself.

Most or all amplifiers and DAC use SLOW BLOW fuse due to the nature of the way it consume big power at start up.

I am planning to get a new hifi rack and need to plan some space for this. Could any one give me the dimension if the atx275?

Just use that "search thread" button at the top and you'll find the dimensions listed earlier in the thread :-) Post #59.

At last !

In full glory:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17047[/ATTACH]

Now I only hope it works and doesn't blow up anything upon powering up ;)

Congratulations, my man! Welcome to the team :-) Besides the whole "blowing up your shit" part, it's a hell of a unit, eh? That sand-blasted finish REALLY was an awesome move. I'm pumped we got it.

About your "all its greatness" photo, though. That picture has got some funky angles going on because it makes the ATX PSU look tiny. It's not tiny. That thing is pretty big and hefty.

I'll be happy when the holidays finish up here so that I can mail my 2 units back to Teradak for the fixes.

Ben-M,

First of all, I would like to thank you for all your time you have spent on this project. Without you, it would not happen.

Thanks to your time and dedication, we can now enjoy a better sound in our homes !

Adam

PC: custom Roon server with Pink Faun Ultra OCXO USB card

Digital: Lampizator Horizon DAC

Amp: Dan D'Agostino Momentum Stereo

Speakers: Magcio M3

Forgot to add:

The unit is really well made and is much heavier than it looks. It feels like a proverbial 'brick'.

The sand-blasted finish is very nice - in fact, it looks much better made than my Sreacom FC-10 case, which is painted back (not sand-blasted/anodised).

Kudos to Teradak for acheving such a level of quality on a such a small volume production run.

Adam

Received !

Thanks Ben ! For you help and patience with all this .

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17086[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17084[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17085[/ATTACH]

I'm really happy to see you got yours, Roman. I know all this stuff gave you a really insecure feeling and it took a long time. Good things take effort though, right? If it weren't hard, everyone would have one :-P

Your FC-10 modded input looks fantastic! That's exactly how I plan on modding mine. You should post some more pictures about how you did it, how long it took, and what tools you needed. I'm sure a lot of us would appreciate seeing how to mod the case and forget using the back-plate altogether :-)

Ben-M,

First of all, I would like to thank you for all your time you have spent on this project. Without you, it would not happen.

Thanks to your time and dedication, we can now enjoy a better sound in our homes !

Thanks a lot, Adam. I really appreciate that. I know it doesn't exactly relate, but I'm happy to give back. I'm really grateful for all the help I've gotten over the years from the guys across the 3 forums that joined this Group Buy, so helping back out is my way of saying thanks. Though only ~30 people joined and I've been helped by hundreds, I'm happy that I got to do something.

It's really turned into a TON more work than I expected, but besides you and all the other people who pitched in to help here in the thread, the 2 guys we've gotta thank are Camel, from here on CA, and Michael from Teradak. Camel thought up the idea of a Group Buy and just asked about my interest in it and Michael is the one who bent over backwards 1000 times to help us make it happen. I'm grateful to those 2 guys :-)

Hоw i assembled this (sorry for my english) :

I have Streacom FC9 Chassi .

We need to disassemble the rear panel of chassi , in the rear panel there is a fee for the power cable Streacom, it is necessary to remove:

2015-02-22 19.26.16.jpg

I then drilled a 3 cm drill :

2015-02-22 19.14.00.jpg

then cut in one corner of the power connector Teradak :

20150222_130831.jpg

And this all :

2015-02-22 13.08.16.jpg

I hope this helps to someone .

Best regards ,

Roman .

I made mine without disassembling the chassis (I'm lazy, I know).

It went pretty well IMO:

Zfcxzl.jpg

JGXrRz.jpg

Dh2lzS.jpg

kt97CT.jpg

HTRbQG.jpg

I have machined the backpanel using this Dremel tool:

w6Txo0.jpg

3X0wNr.jpg

oNxw79.jpg

Adam

Elberoth,

What is the diameter of the hole?

still waiting for mine to arrive and would like to get my fc10 back panel modded before it arrives

customer server+AudiophileOptimizer >>UltraRendu (SR4) >> Lush(JSSG360) >>> IsoRegen(SR4) >>> Lush^2 >>> blu2 >>Blaxius^2D >> Dave > HD800(SDRmod)

Elberoth,

What is the diameter of the hole?

still waiting for mine to arrive and would like to get my fc10 back panel modded before it arrives

The connector is 29.75mm in diameter. So if you make a hole 30-31mm in diameter you will be fine.

Adam

Guys, I just hooked up my ATX - 275 to my just completed music server. My motherboard is gigabyte h97m-d3h. However, after I turn on the teradak ATX 275, nothing happens. Nothing turns on. No LED is on. Nowhere. Dead silence all around.

I've connected the chassis (streacom FC10) power switch cable to F_PANEL header according the pin out. Nothing. Where should I look into next for trouble shooting what is going on?

The connector is 29.75mm in diameter. So if you make a hole 30-31mm in diameter you will be fine.

Thank you!

out with the dremel tomorrow night then!!

customer server+AudiophileOptimizer >>UltraRendu (SR4) >> Lush(JSSG360) >>> IsoRegen(SR4) >>> Lush^2 >>> blu2 >>Blaxius^2D >> Dave > HD800(SDRmod)

Guys, I just hooked up my ATX - 275 to my just completed music server. My motherboard is gigabyte h97m-d3h. However, after I turn on the teradak ATX 275, nothing happens. Nothing turns on. No LED is on. Nowhere. Dead silence all around.

I've connected the chassis (streacom FC10) power switch cable to F_PANEL header according the pin out. Nothing. Where should I look into next for trouble shooting what is going on?

I've got the same motherboard and the first one I bought was DOA when powered up from a known good seasonic atx power supply. had you tried to power up m/board with anything other than teradak?

No, I do not have a picoPSU to try turning on MOBO with anything else. I'm trying to first make sure that Teradak PSU is atleast powering on.

When I power on the Teradak PSU, the red LED on the button should turn on, no matter what? If that is true, something is wrong with my teradak as the red LED on the button is not turning on. I'm surprised at how bad the screws are on the Teradak PSU. They are very tight and can get easily striped.