IGNORED

Group Buy for full ATX Linear PSU from Teradak

Ben-M

Thanks to Ben and Teradak for all their work. The linear power supplies certainly look good. If they work 1/2 as good as they look Teradak should have a hit on their hands.

Looking forward to receiving mine and building a new PC for it. Now what to use in that new PC ??? Got the power supply sorted, but !!!l the rest ?

Regards to all on the thread

Mark

Ben-M - does the Teradak PSU come with 24pin + 4pin or 24pin + 8pin main ATX looms (or even better - split 4+4pin option) ?

4pin CPU connector:

P4_conn.jpg

8pin CPU connector:

EPS_conn.jpg

4+4pin split type connector (to the right):

24134229606l.jpg

I'm asking since the new CAPS V4 design uses the server MoBo, which needs server 8pin CPU power as opposed to the popular 4pin CPU connector.

Worst case scenario, one can use 4pin to 8pin adapter:

379573_0_f.jpg

but I would like to limit the amount of loom inside.

Adam

PC: custom Roon server with Pink Faun Ultra OCXO USB card

Digital: Lampizator Horizon DAC

Amp: Dan D'Agostino Momentum Stereo

Speakers: Magcio M3

Ben-M - does the Teradak PSU come with 24pin + 4pin or 24pin + 8pin main ATX looms (or even better - split 4+4pin option) ?

I'm asking since the new CAPS V4 design uses the server MoBo, which needs server 8pin CPU power as opposed to the popular 4pin CPU connector.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16052[/ATTACH]

From the opposite angle... If one chooses a mobo with 4-pin CPU, will a loom with an 8-pin work / be compatible? (I don't know)?

If not, since I likely will go with a mini ITX board with CPU 4-pin, I vote for a 4-pin on the loom (sorry Adam..... )

Bits to analog: Server [i9-10850k; Win10Pro, Roon Core + HQPlayer4 >all DSD256x] -> mRendu -> Regen -> Lampi GG

Analog to sound: ASR Emitter II Exclusive, Battery -> Gryphon Mojo S + 2 x REL G2

Details: Audio System

Ben,

Heard back; yes, each one has it's own regulator :-)

Great ! That means the 5VSB should be suitable to drive a USB card when not driving a battery charger...

The separate +5V on the back is indeed the extra connection for the +5VSB that we asked for. Teradak believed it was better to have it here and not as just an extra lead off an internal wire because not everyone will be able to fit their batteries or chargers units inside their chassis. Especially if you're running larger units like car batteries.

And if you can attach internally, you can just run the cable beside the umbilical, throw a few zip-ties on, and put it through a slot in the back of your chassis.

I thought their solution was very considerate and much more thorough and costly than I was imagining. I appreciate what they've done.

Understood. This is indeed more costly & nice, but does raise some minor questions (sorry):

- I assume the 5VSB is still also on the main loom, since the ATX spec requires pin 9 to carry the 5VSB?

- Will they still provide an additional set of wires for the 5VSB of the 20pin ATX (squeeze it in with pin 9 & GND = the 1 minute option), or is this an "instead of" feature.. (for those planning this inside the case anyway).

- Will Teradak supply a seperate 5V cable or perhaps only the plugs that go with the additional 5VSB at the back of the unit?

Units are looking great. Thanks for the hard work !

Bits to analog: Server [i9-10850k; Win10Pro, Roon Core + HQPlayer4 >all DSD256x] -> mRendu -> Regen -> Lampi GG

Analog to sound: ASR Emitter II Exclusive, Battery -> Gryphon Mojo S + 2 x REL G2

Details: Audio System

4pin CPU connector:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16049[/ATTACH]

8pin CPU connector:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16050[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16051[/ATTACH]

Hey Adam, we're looking at the best of both worlds here. From my opening post you'll see that Teradak has always been shipping us our units with an ATX 20+4pin ANNNNNNNNNNNNNDDD~ a CPU 4+4pin. So we've got what we'll need for ATX 20 & 24pin compatibility AND 4pin CPU power by default or 8pin CPU power by default. Good thinking, eh?

Hey guys, this is what we’re looking at.

I’ve started a Group Buy for a group of Linear ATX PSUs from Teradak...

blah, blah, blah

FAQs about our Special Group Buy units:

3. Internal Wiring: 1 x ATX 20+4-pin, 1 x CPU 4+4-pin, and 1x VGA 6+2-pin

4pin CPU connector:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16049[/ATTACH]

8pin CPU connector:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16050[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16051[/ATTACH]

Even though the motherboad has an 8pin CPU connector it should work with a 4pin connector also. I have done this many times.

**Need phone number from all buyers**

Hey guys, it looks like I forgot to specify that I need everyone's telephone number. I know it's the holidays, but send this to me ASAP as Teradak is going to start shipping out units and they can't ship without your phone number.

+5VSB Info Update:

I was talking with Teradak about the +5VSB that we have on our units and they gave me some new info.

The extra outlet you see on the back will have another 1M umbilical. You could run the regular umbilical and the +5VSB beside each other if you wanted, or point it somewhere else, but that's your length. The +5VSB umbilical is terminated in 2-pin, as you see on the case, and 4-pin Molex. Then from here you will get your option (A) 3x SATA or Option (B) 2x SATA + 1x MOLEX cable to connect.

The front power switch is for the entire PSU, +5VSB included. It functions just like power switches you find on other ATX PSUs in that 99% of the time the unit functions passively, lead by the on/off and demand of the connected computer. Then on occasion when you need to turn it all off or all on, you can use the front mounted power switch.

As for powering things, Teradak wanted me to make this clear. The +5VSB is not a bundled, separate PSU that they're throwing in because they're cool. The +5VSB rail has it's own role in the standard ATX PSU, though very limited in scope, and this connection on our units is a special addition beyond what the PSUs were meant for.

It is theoretically possible to do what we want with it as the +5VSB isn't used for anything demanding, but you shouldn't treat it like a test bench for whatever you can dream up either. They recommend testing the capabilities of the +5VSB with your imagined application when the computer is turned off first, to make sure that it can do what you need. You can venture further from there, but if you blow the fuse or burn up the regulator because you used it to power too many things and not something it was designed for, that's going to be on you.

They have tested the units and they work for what we discussed(trickle charger with it's own current limiter or powering a couple SSDs or powering a USB card, all up to 2A), but there was only limited testing and you need to keep in mind the above precautions and guidelines.

So basically, have fun, enjoy the addition, but be careful, don't be stupid, and don't break your beautiful custom made PSU!

Inspection shows good finish and good cables. However, I cannot try it until end of month.

Pissed off for being charged extra for 'express' delivery which I did not ask for. The amount

was small but it was the principle.

Well, I'm happy that you've received it before you had to move, but I didn't hear anything about express delivery fees... I'll look into that for you.

Man I'm excited to get my units! In the pictures they looked good, but it'll be something to finally have these in hand. Let's hope that comes soon.

Update Me.

You can do this by posting in the thread or PM'ing me, but let me know when you've received your unit(s). I want to record everything and make sure everyone receives theirs in a timely manner and isn't missed. So, let me know one way or another.

Same for me. No tracking in my PayPal account.

Server: CAPS Zuma, SOtM tX-USBexp PCI, JCAT SATA & Battery for OS SSD

SW: Win 8, JRiver+JPlay+Dirac Live, Fidelizer, CAD Script

PSU: Teradak ATX 210 LPS, Paul Hynes SR7EHD 2 Rails

DDC: Berkeley Audio Alpha USB, Genesis Digital Lens (AT&T Fiber Out)

DAC: Wadia 2000 Digimaster (Sledgehammer Buffer, AT&T Fiber In)

Tube Amplifier: Leben CS-600 (NOS KT66 GEC)

Loudspeakers: Claravox Euritmica

Power Conditioners: Accuphase PS-510, Einstein NF6020, Kemp Power Source+, Kemp Power Station 75, Clearaudio APG, Gate IR-1

I still haven't get the tracking number yet. Is it just me?

Even if you ask for courier and tracking details. The thing just turns up and we were

asked for extra money for 'express delivery'.

I have to say, however, that it was very well presented and packed in a double box,

and puts some other vendors, especially Amazon, to shame.

fmak

Don't worry, guys. Michael told me only the first couple units were ready to go and this Group Buy is spread across 3 forums. If you don't have a number, then keep hanging tight.

I'll check with him to see what's up for the rest of you, but until then hang in there and just keep your eyes peeled in case it shows up before I get a response.

Even if you ask for courier and tracking details. The thing just turns up and we were

asked for extra money for 'express delivery'.

I have to say, however, that it was very well presented and packed in a double box,

and puts some other vendors, especially Amazon, to shame.

That's good news, I had asked them that they be packaged extra securely. I'm not sure if this is anything special for us our if it's Teradak's usual style, but I'm happy to hear it's happening.

No pics for us?? It sounds like you're the first to receive yours, you can't leave us out in the cold!

That's good news, I had asked them that they be packaged extra securely. I'm not sure if this is anything special for us our if it's Teradak's usual style, but I'm happy to hear it's happening.

No pics for us?? It sounds like you're the first to receive yours, you can't leave us out in the cold!

It looks like the Pics you posted. There is a seal on the case which says that there

will be no warranty if broken. I'll only do so when I have tried the unit on a MB.

You posted elsewhere about the U12. I have and have modded the U10 with much improved

5V. I think that you will be better off with the e99 Luckit board powered by a good super

regulator PS.

The combo sounds a lot better than the U10.

PS such as a

fmak

Inspection shows good finish and good cables. However, I cannot try it until end of month.

Pissed off for being charged extra for 'express' delivery which I did not ask for. The amount

was small but it was the principle.

Teradak said they paid for express shipping because of the delay with their supplier and they wanted to guarantee that you received your unit before the Jan. 15th moving date that you'd told them about. They said that they paid up front so that you wouldn't have to, but that if you did they can only guess it's because your address is off the courier's normal route.

It looks like the Pics you posted. There is a seal on the case which says that there

will be no warranty if broken. I'll only do so when I have tried the unit on a MB.

Yeah, I definitely wouldn't recommend breaking that seal and taking any internal pictures for us either. I was just thinking of some extra pictures, but if they look the same then you're right and there's probably no point.

You posted elsewhere about the U12. I have and have modded the U10 with much improved

5V. I think that you will be better off with the e99 Luckit board powered by a good super

regulator PS.

The combo sounds a lot better than the U10.

PS such as a

It's cool to hear that you also have experience with Gustard's convertors. I'm pretty excited to get my U12 and see how its I2s sounds into my PWD Mkii. I also look forward to modding it a bit with new Crystek clocks, some power caps, a new transformer, and whatever else I can think of.

I've seen the Luckit board and it looks pretty great and always has up to date Thesycon drivers too. I don't know much about the rest of it, but if I was really going the DIY route I think I'd try the newest Combo384 Amanero USB board. It sounds more advanced and skips using an XMOS chip all together. Do you have any experience or preference between the two?

Teradak said they paid for express shipping because of the delay with their supplier and they wanted to guarantee that you received your unit before the Jan. 15th moving date that you'd told them about. They said that they paid up front so that you wouldn't have to, but that if you did they can only guess it's because your address is off the courier's normal route.

Yeah, I definitely wouldn't recommend breaking that seal and taking any internal pictures for us either. I was just thinking of some extra pictures, but if they look the same then you're right and there's probably no point.

It's cool to hear that you also have experience with Gustard's convertors. I'm pretty excited to get my U12 and see how its I2s sounds into my PWD Mkii. I also look forward to modding it a bit with new Crystek clocks, some power caps, a new transformer, and whatever else I can think of.

I've seen the Luckit board and it looks pretty great and always has up to date Thesycon drivers too. I don't know much about the rest of it, but if I was really going the DIY route I think I'd try the newest Combo384 Amanero USB board. It sounds more advanced and skips using an XMOS chip all together. Do you have any experience or preference between the two?

Luckit has very good XOs and spdif as well as I2S. Lucian is excellent in responding

to queries.

I have the Amanero in my W4SDAC2 Se. It's fine but for diy I'd go for the Luckit.

fmak