IGNORED

Group Buy for full ATX Linear PSU from Teradak

Ben-M

Ted: Jesus @ Sonore has a pico type audiophile ATX adapter on his site. It is to accompany their Plex PSs. I have no knowledge beyond that.

Ben-M,

Thanks for the responses. You understood all of it, and subsequently I understand your comments. Yes, re: single rail Hynes to dc-dc, I gotta believe that I'm wasting all that good clean power. What I gotta decide is whether the dc-dc Pico is powering (and dirtying) enough of my music server to care, now that I have battery power to the SSD and Acopian power to the USB signal.

Thx

Ted

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

You bring up a good point, especially considering these are square waves banging at M-GHz.

Hi

A basic Electronics 101 note; noise exists from a source (in this case a power supply) from insufficient filtering, but also is a result of current changes from the load isolated by the connecting wiring not absorbed by that filtering, or supply regulation.

The wire connecting the power source filtering/regulation from the source to load is not a simple piece of copper with some resistance, but instead a complex network of resistance, series inductance, and parallel capacitance. Of these, inductive reactance (a resistance 90 degrees displaced from the voltage drop across it) is by far the leading culprit.

Power supply lines should be as short as possible, otherwise the expensive advantages of a linear well regulated well filtered power supply are diminished.

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz