IGNORED

Group Buy for full ATX Linear PSU from Teradak

Ben-M

• 1 month later...
Hey JM,

Teradak has only started up work about a week ago and they haven't gotten back to me on their internal discussions about Tier 2. I've emailed them a ton of times about it, and I can check in again, but they have told me they will let me know once they have decided.

As for high issues rates, I can't say that's what I've seen. As long as someone has said something to someone about a problem, then it has come across my desk, and so far I don't see any high issue rate. It'd be nearly impossible to have no issues at all, so the fact that some have come up is normal. If there were too many bad issues with this then you would surely see more talk of it in here. Things are pretty quite now that everyone is happy and has their PSUs.

In fact guys and girls, I'd love to see some shots of your builds and component set ups with the ATX Supplies in the mix. Post 'em in here :-)

Hi Ben! :)

I am still interested in the psu and I really appreciate the efforts you are carrying on. I beg you please do not misunderstand my comments, but, there was even a design problem which cause the ripple measurements multiply by 10-20 from specs. Assuming this is solved, how many units arrived with other kind of issues?

I have a feeling that people are not very satisfied about the SQ results. The largest comment I have read is about little harsh after 130h burn. Maybe people are enjoying it so much they don´t care about the thread! :) This is another possibility.

Best,

JM

jmmbarco said,

"Maybe people are enjoying it so much they don´t care about the thread! This is another possibility."

It's not a possibility, it's a certainty!!

It HAS been worth the wait!

Hi jiffi32! You cannot imagine how pleased am I to read that! :)))))

Hi JM,

I had a feeling that many people have left this thread, they are enjoying their PSU and the deal is done.

I can update a little bit, now that I have completed 300 hours burn-in time. The harsh sound is now gone, it now sounded very fluid and expanded sound stage, well that's my first impression. Other things also improve, better focus, detail etc. But i mind you that power cable and any power filter or power distribution you use to feed this PSU is effecting a lot. I believe some of us are actually have different outcome due to these factors, but would rather agree that Teradak PSU is an upgrade especially compare to switching PSU.

I believe Teradak PSU would do poorly on environment where there are many electrical problem such as EMI, RFI, poor grounding, voltage instability etc. I believe on such environment and combine with poor power cable plus without any power filter, Teradak would sound harsh and makes your ear easily fatigue, muddy bass etc.

Hi Marcell,

Thank you very much for the feedback. I will follow your recomendations around burn-in time.

But, why do you think that the psu will be more sensitive than other devices?

Best regards!

JM

• 2 weeks later...
''I was considering to write to Teradak to ask for an time estimation for tier 2 but I prefer to ask you first''

Teradak is doing serious business in monetary terms. I find it incredible that they do not respond promptly

and meaningfully to customer requests and enquiries. This has certainly been my experience from Day zero (order process)

to day 60 before getting 2 leds and two capacitors to make good their own mistake. The Chinese New Year thing

was just a poor excuse as other China vendors didn't do this.

Why should Ben have to take on the burden as intermediary?

I don´t want anybody to carry any sort of burden. I apologize if this is what it seems. My comment is only because I didn´t know if i could/should contact directly, for me, it is a question of respect.

Hi JM,

I asked Teradak for an update yesterday and they gave me the pricing info on their standard PSUs + updates that they found during the Group Buy. I'll post them tomorrow when I get some free time.

As for Tier 2, it is doesn't look good for going ahead. There doesn't seem to be much interest in it any more, understandably given the time, and Teradak also didn't make out as well as they'd hoped profit wise from the last build. They gave us a large discount and then incured higher shipping and BOM costs afterwards, so Tier 2 pricing would have to reflect those changes.

Anyway, I'll post the pricing tomorrow, but I recommend that you contact Teradak and let them know you were a Tier 2 buyer and see what they can do for you.

OK thank you very much Ben.

Cheers,

JM