IGNORED

Group Buy for full ATX Linear PSU from Teradak

Ben-M

Do we know much about the actual perfomance of these units? I ask cuz I am on the cusp of ordering two 275's for our group buy, but wanted to ask this loaded question:

* I have a massive Hynes SR7-EHD ps that is dialed up to 19V and powers my audiopc (back end of dual JPLAY setup), basically a CAPS V3 Zuma (except with Asus board). My USB card is JCAT so it is powered internally by 3V PCIE, and my SSD is battery powered. So I am basically using VERY clean Hynes power to go into a 19V $100 PICOPSU, which then dirties everything up and send it out to the other areas of the computer. Would this ATX Teradak improve things, even if its dedicated multiple rails are not quite as theoretically clean as my single rail Hynes?

* And would I be able to get the 3V PCIE power to power my JCAT USB card or does that require a different mobo than what I have (the JCAT is then connected to external 5V from my RW-modded Acopian for DACs that need it, which I assume is not a candidate for the Teradak power)?

Am I understanding that correctly?

Ben-M,

Thanks for the responses. You understood all of it, and subsequently I understand your comments. Yes, re: single rail Hynes to dc-dc, I gotta believe that I'm wasting all that good clean power. What I gotta decide is whether the dc-dc Pico is powering (and dirtying) enough of my music server to care, now that I have battery power to the SSD and Acopian power to the USB signal.

Thx

Ted

Hans,

thanks. Yes, my controlpc is a smaller Atom-based CAPS V3 Lagoon and I have it powered by a smaller Hynes Sr3-12. Question: will my Asus P8H77-I allow me to bypass the PicoPSu (was a 12V but replaced with 19V PicoPSU and dialed up Hynes SR7 to 19V) and go direct to these specific power connectors on my mobo? What do I look for in my specs/diagram?

I have all 3 USB cards (SOtM, PPA and JCat) but find the JCAT to be superior sonically, as well as more flexible (top port unpowered, bottom port powered) for my DAC reviews, etc.