IGNORED

Group Buy for full ATX Linear PSU from Teradak

Ben-M

Can someone explain how one removes the back panel on the Streacom FC10 to make it easier to drill the holes necessary to fit the Teradak PS connector?

Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Telos composite arm; SME 3012R arm, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Reel to Reel:  Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC (Sean Jacobs DC4/Euphony/Stylus)> Lampizator Pacific

The connector is 29.75mm in diameter. So if you make a hole 30-31mm in diameter you will be fine.

Is your hole larger? The case opening seems larger than the diameter of my 30mm bit.

Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Telos composite arm; SME 3012R arm, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Reel to Reel:  Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC (Sean Jacobs DC4/Euphony/Stylus)> Lampizator Pacific

• 2 weeks later...
I'm considering replacing simple laptop brick driving a CAPS V4 variant in a Streamcom FC10 case with the Teradak ATX PSU. What, though, is the best backplate (SFX, Flex ATX or ATX)? How does one modify the case (pictures would be great)?

Similar to others, I did not use the back plate that Teradak provided. I drilled a 30mm hole where Streacom back plate goes and then used the provided Teradak back plate as a template to drill the 4 holes needed to attached the power cord. I purchased 4 nuts to use with the screws provided by Teradak to attach the power cord to the back of the FC10. I removed the back of the FC10 to do all this. It is much harder to do all the work with the back attached, but it is possible to do it that way.

Has anyone experienced the Teradak turning off by itself causing the PC to reboot? Of course it could be the PC but it never happened with the Pico PSU.

How does one modify the case (pictures would be great)?

I modified my second case today. Here are 2 photos.

2015-12-30 14.48.20.jpg

Case Photo.jpg

• 11 months later...

Quick question for people using a Teradak LPSU. Are you using it to also power a USB card or is it limited to the mobo and CPU?

On the version I have (the one from the group buy) there is an external 5V output which you may use to power a USB card.I'm not sure if this is a standard fitting. Ben would know best

Sorry, I should have been clearer. I have a Teradak and there are couple different 5V power connectors. What I am asking is if people use them or have they found that using an external power supply or a battery results in better sound.