IGNORED

NAD C390DD Users?

I noticed today that Spearit Sound is listing the NAD 390DD 2. The description is the same as the original 390DD, but there's a note in the header that reads "Direct Digital Amplifier v2 adds asyncronous USB 24/192":

nadc390dd2 NAD C 390DD2 - Integrated Amplifiers

There's no mention of this on the NAD website or anywhere else I can find.

Bluesound Node 2-->LFD LE Mk V-->HSU VTF-1 Subwoofer (via high-level inputs)-->Harbeth P3ESR

After reading your post I phoned the dealer that I purchased my C390DD from and inquired about this. According to his information that he has available as a Nad dealer this is a module upgrade to replace the USB Module in the rear of the machine that comes stock with the C390DD. He is sending

Nad an inquiry to confirm this and get the pricing and details for the upgrade. When I get the email from him with the information, probably early next week I will post the information here.

I noticed today that Spearit Sound is listing the NAD 390DD 2. The description is the same as the original 390DD, but there's a note in the header that reads "Direct Digital Amplifier v2 adds asyncronous USB 24/192":

nadc390dd2 NAD C 390DD2 - Integrated Amplifiers

There's no mention of this on the NAD website or anywhere else I can find.

Check if the output devices are improved. Has max amps moved up? I was a big supporter of this and a similar NuForce device and did a lot of exploration of these devices. The larger more expensive NAD was great but this and the NuForce were 'flat' - no dynamics to the extent that it leaves a strange feeling in the listener. Not sure if a change in max output amps is the right indicator for this, but it may be.

Here is the reply that Nad sent the shop, the pricing is in Canadian dollars --------

We don’t have a data sheet for the USB 2.0 MDC card – it is exactly the same as the previous version, but with support up to and including 24/192kHz… is there something specific they are looking for?

I would recommend they look at adding the DD BluOS card instead (data sheet attached) it would add

- 24/192kHz audio support

- Network support (WiFi and hardwired)

- Streaming from local and internet music sources

- Bluetooth

- Support for all audio file formats - MP3, AAC (M4A, MP4), WMA, OGG, FLAC, ALAC (M4A), WMA-L, MQA, WAV and AIFF (AIF, AIFC).

- Control via iOS, Android or PC & Mac

Pricing on the USB2 card is around 249.99- 299.99 not sure of price going from an old price List.

the MDC dd bluos pricing 549.99 might be a little over kill for you.

any question let me know

• 2 months later...

Just picked up one of these amps 2nd hand to replace my integrated amp and separate dac. Loving it so far apart from the unfatbomable instructions for the EQ settings.

At the moment I'm streaming through a raspberry pi/hifiberry digi+ running Roon. Only 3 days into the Roon trial, but I'd find the full cost of Roon hard to swallow. I'm tempted by the bluOS module but not sure how it would compare to Roon. Anyone compared the 2?

• 2 years later...

It's an old thread about discontinued equipment, but I hope someone can answer...

I've digitized my 2000 CDs of classical music in Apple Lossless in iTunes and plan to put them on a 1 TB iPad Pro (still in Apple Lossless). This has a USB-C connector and should connect through an adapter cable to USB-B to stream digital audio.

My question is whether the C390DD USB-B input ("computer") will work with the digital output from the iPad Pro. The NAD manual says this input accepts "24/96 PCM content from PC or MAC". I can't find any info about the format of digital audio output from the iPad Pro.

Has anyone used an iPad as music server to the C390DD?