Ripping blu ray movies

zenpmd

Promise Pegasus2 R6 12TB -> Thunderbolt2 ->
MacBook Pro M1 Pro -> Motu 8D -> AES/EBU ->
Main: Genelec 5 x 8260A + 2 x 8250 + 2 x 8330 + 7271A sub
Boat: Genelec 8010 + 5040 sub

Hifiman Sundara, Sennheiser PXC 550 II
Blog: “Confessions of a DigiPhile”

Speakler, Any DVD doesnt do blu ray rips, its just software to play protected blu ray and penetrate region restrictions, etc?

They have something called Clone BD in the works but its taken a hell of a long time, leading many people to move away from the (albeit very good) products.

I own ANy DVD for playbacks.

DigiPete - thats very helpful for audio, thanks, but I am referring to ripping video as well, eg a whole concert or film for backup purposes.

Benchmark HGC DAC2 / Ncore NC400 / Anthony Gallo Strada 2 / Anthony Gallo TR-3D Sub / Van Damme 6mm Speaker Cable

DigiPete - thats very helpful for audio, thanks, but I am referring to ripping video as well, eg a whole concert or film for backup purposes.

Then MakeMKV, use the backup functionality to get a complete copy.

Just "backup" the file to HD - the second icon on the front page.

Promise Pegasus2 R6 12TB -> Thunderbolt2 ->
MacBook Pro M1 Pro -> Motu 8D -> AES/EBU ->
Main: Genelec 5 x 8260A + 2 x 8250 + 2 x 8330 + 7271A sub
Boat: Genelec 8010 + 5040 sub

Hifiman Sundara, Sennheiser PXC 550 II
Blog: “Confessions of a DigiPhile”

Try the freeware Bluray Decrypter 2.1.00.

I have only tried it on a Beyoncé BluRay, but it did the job O.K. although a little slow.

Alex

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

Speakler, Any DVD doesnt do blu ray rips, its just software to play protected blu ray and penetrate region restrictions, etc?

They have something called Clone BD in the works but its taken a hell of a long time, leading many people to move away from the (albeit very good) products.

I own ANy DVD for playbacks.

I thought that's what I use. i haven't ripped a bluray in a while, but i can right click on the anydvd icon and select rip to image. it makes an iso copy. it's used in conjunction with virtual clonedrive.

Any DVD doesnt do blu ray rips, its just software to play protected blu ray and penetrate region restrictions, etc?
AnyDVD HD decrypts the discs and removes region locking so that any other program (e.g. JRiver) can access the video files.

It has tools to rip the disc file structure to a folder, or create protected/unprotected ISO files.

I use it in conjunction with MakeMKV when I want to strip out all the disc extras to save space.

MakeMKV complains every time, but its decryption doesn't work well for me.

AnyDVD is almost always updated in time to support the latest discs, and gets around the playlist obfuscation that some discs use, which MakeMKV doesn't seem to do.

• 4 weeks later...