IGNORED

"It's the best" - Subjective or objective statement?

joelha

Chris please don't say anything about the best coffee you ever had,otherwise this thread will never end.

"Kopi Luwak does exist, is very expensive, and is made from coffee beans passed through the digestive system of an Indonesian animal, but it's more like a cat than a monkey. According to a feature article by the Manila Coffee House, which sells the stuff, the people who harvest the digested beans don't really have to pick through cat litter to get it. The animal processes the beans and excretes them whole, unscratched, and without dung.

The animal is a palm civet, a dark brown tree-dwelling cat-like creature found throughout Southeast Asia. The scientific name is paradoxurus hermaphroditus.

According to the Manila Coffee House, the palm civet just happens to like to ingest the ripest and reddest coffee beans, which also happen to be the ones best for brewing. The cat eats the outer covering of the beans in the same way that is accomplished by de-pulping machines. Something happens to the beans in the journey through the cat's intestines that gives it a flavor that is celebrated by coffee drinkers.

At this point, most of the beans are purchased by Japanese buyers"

I have heard from very reputable coffee "reviewers" that this is the BEST coffee on the market"

"Kopi Luwak does exist, is very expensive, and is made from coffee beans passed through the digestive system of an Indonesian animal, but it's more like a cat than a monkey. According to a feature article by the Manila Coffee House, which sells the stuff, the people who harvest the digested beans don't really have to pick through cat litter to get it. The animal processes the beans and excretes them whole, unscratched, and without dung.

The animal is a palm civet, a dark brown tree-dwelling cat-like creature found throughout Southeast Asia. The scientific name is paradoxurus hermaphroditus.

According to the Manila Coffee House, the palm civet just happens to like to ingest the ripest and reddest coffee beans, which also happen to be the ones best for brewing. The cat eats the outer covering of the beans in the same way that is accomplished by de-pulping machines. Something happens to the beans in the journey through the cat's intestines that gives it a flavor that is celebrated by coffee drinkers.

I have heard from very reputable coffee "reviewers" that this is the BEST coffee on the market"

That's may explain how the Berkley guys make the best DAC.¨-)

And I can verify that it is indeed the best coffee on the market. A friend of a friend of an acquaintance who is unanimously acclaimed as the Best coffee drinker in the known world has said the same.

-Chris

And I can verify that it is indeed the best coffee on the market. A friend of a friend of an acquaintance who is unanimously acclaimed as the Best coffee drinker in the known world has said the same.

-Chris

I hear it goes particulary well after a large helping of natto, which I think I will pass on as well. :)

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

Reall??? Well I am from Jamaica and field mouse bitten Blue Mountain Coffee had that legend decades ago. What is called "rat bite" coffee is similar. The rats bite the choice berries and that causes a reduction on the fruit size and a concentration of the flavour in the bean.

You cant buy this, you gotta know people to get it. Hand selected, of course.

LoL

Marketing, I tell you!!!

I thought it was the best, until I found out that you can't drink it and listen to DSD at the same time.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Reall??? Well I am from Jamaica and field mouse bitten Blue Mountain Coffee had that legend decades ago. What is called "rat bite" coffee is similar. The rats bite the choice berries and that causes a reduction on the fruit size and a concentration of the flavour in the bean.

You cant buy this, you gotta know people to get it. Hand selected, of course.

LoL

Marketing, I tell you!!!

Still, over here we drink more coffee than you all together. So I too went into those mountains, and surprise surprise - what's all more there to obtain. But then of course *that* can be obtained here as well. And I even got the Jamaicans jealous because over here a. we don't have those mountains and b. we don't need those to consume the other stuff while Jamaicans do.

haha, no riddles for some at all.

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

You cant buy this, you gotta know people to get it.

For some Dutch who rather drink coffee than smoke a bit :

Jamaican Blue Mountain koffie

Btw, what's said in there is that it is totally impossible for the whole world to obtain the original Blue Mountain Coffee, since the real stuff grows on 6000 hectares only (one hectare is one square kilometre).

Now don't tell me how a website - selling this for 115 euros per Kg - is similar to a cable manufacturer. Should be the real thing regarding the price, but maybe it is not.

Oh, what it also (indirectly) tells in there is that it is even more expensive, because when you normally need 42 beans for a nice cup, this needs 4 to 6 beans more. So it is 10-15% more expensive than the price you see.

XXHighEnd (developer)

Jamaican Blue Mountain koffie

Oh, what it also (indirectly) tells in there is that it is even more expensive, because when you normally need 42 beans for a nice cup, this needs 4 to 6 beans more. So it is 10-15% more expensive than the price you see.

I was just about ready to put off buying the new Double Helix Diamond Mist Best Usb Cable on the market to get me a kilo, when Peter's fine CPA like qualities showed me that a kilo isn't a kilo anymore and thus I could no longer justify footing the bill for this diminished hill of beans.

-Chris

Chris, I heard that any USB cable of a not too crazy price can be stretched by at least 20%. So buy the too short version which is cheaper.

XXHighEnd (developer)

• 1 year later...