IGNORED

Tour of Super Audio Center & Multichannel DSD Listening at RMAF

FYI, for those of you in the Denver and Boulder, Colorado area - or if you're planning to attend next month's 2014 Rocky Mountain Audio Fest, this will be of interest.

Positive Feedback Magazine is teaming up with the Super Audio Center in Boulder, Colorado and Playback Designs to sponsor a tour of the Super Audio Center and Immersive Studios in Boulder, Colorado.

This will include listening to Multichannel DSD music on a professional system as well as the possibility of seeing a live Multichannel DSD recording session. You'll need to RSVP - as the event is limited to 32 people.

Details below in the event announcement from the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest.

================================================== ================================

DSD Update

When: October 10, 2014 @ 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm

Where: Marriott Aspen Amphitheater, Lobby Level

Moderator: Dr. David W. Robinson, Editor-in-Chief, Positive Feedback Online

Panelists:

• Dominique Brulhart, Merging Technologies
  • Chad Kassem, SuperHirez.com, QRP, Analogue Productions, and Acoustic Sounds
  • Joe Kubala, Kubala-Sosna
  • Jan-Eric Persson, Opus3 Records and DSDFile.Com
  • Jared Sacks, Channel Classics and NativeDSD.com

This seminar will be an update on DSD analog-to-digital (A/D) converters, DSD download sites, new labels supporting DSD, and a special report from Dominique Brulhart on Merging Technologies’ HAPI and Horus ADDA systems. This will be of real interest to both audiophiles and professionals alike.

Tour of Super Audio Center & Immersive Records Studio - Boulder, Colorado

The second part of this DSD event will take the form of a ticket-only trip (up to 32 passengers) via bus to The Super Audio Center and Immersive Records studio. This will be sponsored by Playback Designs and The Super Audio Center. The event will be hosted by Andreas Koch of Playback Designs, Gus Skinas of The Super Audio Center, and Steve Vidaic of Immersive Records.

Send an email with your name and function (end user, reviewer, manufacturer) to [email protected] to reserve your seat.

Attendees will have the further opportunity to see multi-channel DSD playback in professional settings, and may (TBD) actually see a DSD multi-channel recording as it happens in the studio, live at Immersive Records!

It should be a great time for all who attend.

https://www.audiofest.net/2014/event...nstance_id=356

Interesting.

I'm curious if the Super Audio Center is going to unveil the new 5.6MHz DSD SONOMA workstation. Some two months ago, Michi from the SA Center tweeted that they've been working on it... Maybe they are planning to do a listening session of the pre-release version of the updated Native 5.6MHz DSD multichannel DAW?

Interesting.

I'm curious if the Super Audio Center is going to unveil the new 5.6MHz DSD SONOMA workstation. Some two months ago, Michi from the SA Center tweeted that they've been working on it... Maybe they are planning to do a listening session of the pre-release version of the updated Native 5.6MHz DSD multichannel DAW?

I saw that Tweet. Looking forward to RMAF - and the tour. We will see if big news is coming soon.

I saw that Tweet. Looking forward to RMAF - and the tour. We will see if big news is coming soon.

This point :

"an update on DSD analog-to-digital (A/D) converters"

will be also of great importance. I'm expecting big announcements, especially in the area of new discrete (chipless) DSD ADCs running at 5.6 MHz or higher rates from the high end brands like Playback Designs, Nagra, etc.

Would love to, but can't say for sure whether I will even be at RMAF. Will be on vacation at that time in New Mexico, and RMAF is drivable (barely), but would disrupt plans as currently scheduled.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.