IGNORED

iPhone 6 & 6+ Size

jtwrace

It does not.

A micro-USB port on one end of the device enables music synching and recharging of the lithium-ion battery, with the company claiming that each charge with the 120/240 V AC charger should be good for eight hours of listening. At the other end of the PonoPlayer are a standard headphone jack and a stereo mini-plug analog output designed to connect to your car system, stereo or home theater.

PonoMusic promises audiophile-pleasing portable digital music

Best,

Richard

PS

Excuse my OT post. And I do have an iPhone 6 Plus on order to be delivered on October 7 or there about.

I have been to an Apple Store to get a feel for these phones. The 6 Plus is big and feels like a bar of soap. However, its screen is gorgeous. The 6 looks like the reasonable one to get, as its size makes it much easier to handle. Still, the most attractive one is the 6+...

I got the 6 and am still getting used to both it and iOS8. Once I got a case on it I got more comfortable using it. Without a case they are slippery little devils. The extra screen real estate along with enlarged font is a welcome relief to these old eyes. I still like the feel of my 5S better but I won't be going back to that small of a screen again.

David

Buying into Apple's marketing, instead of waiting for September 19th and getting on line at an Apple Store, I waited for Verizon Wireless to open its phone lines on September 12 at 5:59AM ESDT and started dialing. I still had to wait about 15 minutes on hold before I reached a live sales person to place two orders for Space Gray iPhone 6 Pluses with 64GB (black face vs white face is preferable for my wife and me). Even with a 2 year contract, the cost X2 is considerable. I could have had an iPhone 6 for zero dollars versus $400+ with insurance etc.

Nearly every accessory, e.g., double cases (for general protection and anti-bending support) by Incipio, desk stands by Thought Out LLC, ZAGG tempered glass screen protectors, custom leather vertical holster case with belt clip for me and one for my wife without the belt clip, extra traveling charger/cable, car charger that I require for our new phones have arrived in advance of the 6Pluses, which are expected to arrive next week, if all goes well.

My little ole iPhone 4S, which I have had for two plus years, when held next to the Incipio 6Plus empty case is tiny by comparison. Like a small trowel compared to a large shovel. Yikes!

On paper, photographs of the 6Plus with specifications like the 1080 X 1920 display, 401 ppi etc. and other enhancements made the idea of the 6Plus appealing to me. Even with reading glasses to enhance my visual acuity, with the 4S, reading emails or visiting the internet has been taxing such that I tend to avoid much of what I might find useful to read. And typing, for me, has always been a tedious and unpleasant experience on the 4S. My wife has become more adept typing on the 4S. Many years ago, she taught me to touch type in 15 minutes. That won't be possible even on the 6Plus.

With 6.22H X 3.06W, before the case is applied now has me wondering what I may have gotten myself into with the scale of the 6Plus. I never carry my phone in a pants pocket. Hence the holster with belt clip. Or inside a jacket pocket. Now I am wondering if I will get second looks from NY's Finest (is he packing?).

As I look over at the empty double case I purchased, it keeps getting bigger. Only one way to find out if the Plus is a minus. TBD.

Best,

Richard

Without a case they are slippery little devils.

This is the double-truth Ruth! Slippery as a ...... [fill in the blank]

Slipperiness aside, I am loving the 6. Now to find a good case.

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

Buying into Apple's marketing, instead of waiting for September 19th and getting on line at an Apple Store, I waited for Verizon Wireless to open its phone lines on September 12 at 5:59AM ESDT and started dialing. I still had to wait about 15 minutes on hold before I reached a live sales person to place two orders for Space Gray iPhone 6 Pluses with 64GB (black face vs white face is preferable for my wife and me). Even with a 2 year contract, the cost X2 is considerable. I could have had an iPhone 6 for zero dollars versus $400+ with insurance etc.

Nearly every accessory, e.g., double cases (for general protection and anti-bending support) by Incipio, desk stands by Thought Out LLC, ZAGG tempered glass screen protectors, custom leather vertical holster case with belt clip for me and one for my wife without the belt clip, extra traveling charger/cable, car charger that I require for our new phones have arrived in advance of the 6Pluses, which are expected to arrive next week, if all goes well.

My little ole iPhone 4S, which I have had for two plus years, when held next to the Incipio 6Plus empty case is tiny by comparison. Like a small trowel compared to a large shovel. Yikes!

On paper, photographs of the 6Plus with specifications like the 1080 X 1920 display, 401 ppi etc. and other enhancements made the idea of the 6Plus appealing to me. Even with reading glasses to enhance my visual acuity, with the 4S, reading emails or visiting the internet has been taxing such that I tend to avoid much of what I might find useful to read. And typing, for me, has always been a tedious and unpleasant experience on the 4S. My wife has become more adept typing on the 4S. Many years ago, she taught me to touch type in 15 minutes. That won't be possible even on the 6Plus.

With 6.22H X 3.06W, before the case is applied now has me wondering what I may have gotten myself into with the scale of the 6Plus. I never carry my phone in a pants pocket. Hence the holster with belt clip. Or inside a jacket pocket. Now I am wondering if I will get second looks from NY's Finest (is he packing?).

As I look over at the empty double case I purchased, it keeps getting bigger. Only one way to find out if the Plus is a minus. TBD.

Best,

Richard

I have been using the Plus for a week now and have to say I really like it. I like the size. No more straining to read. Will be dumping my iPad as the only reason I had it was for a larger screen.

The other thing I really like on both phone is support for wireless ac which if you have a fast internet connection and an ac capable router you will be seeing speeds 4x what you got before.

Pretty impressive. Also started using Dashlane which is a must have app. Remote Desktop on a screen this size or Jump is actually usable!!

I have been using the Plus for a week now and have to say I really like it. I like the size. No more straining to read. Will be dumping my iPad as the only reason I had it was for a larger screen.

The other thing I really like on both phone is support for wireless ac which if you have a fast internet connection and an ac capable router you will be seeing speeds 4x what you got before.

Hello

Pretty impressive. Also started using Dashlane which is a must have app. Remote Desktop on a screen this size or Jump is actually usable!!

Hello Howie,

Thank you for your post and the implied encouragement I gleaned from your positive experience of the iPhone 6Plus. My inclination is to trust my intuition about the Plus being a plus and not a minus. Second thoughts in the time between ordering and delivery is just that, seconds of thought.

My entire service is Verizon Fios. And my internet service is 75MB down and 35MB up, which actually delivers 82+/-MB down and 40+/-MB up. And while I had purchased a dual channel 2.4/5.8 Time Capsule, 4TB some time ago, with the new iPhone 6Plus that would be advantaged by the AC is good to know the timing is provident now for valid reasons that were absent previously, i.e., buying the latest and greatest merely for the idea of it.

And thank you for the App recommendations which I will investigate. Dashlane and Jump sounds vaguely familiar in passing. Need to reacquaint myself with those Apps.

By tomorrow I will be able to translate the potential I imagined that awaited employing the iPhone 6Plus with the actual hands-on practical experience. Thank you for the support on the way.

Best,

Richard

The same guy that put up the popular video of the iPhone 6 bending did the same "test" with a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - and it basically didn't bend. Bent a bit, but straightened out when released. So apparently it is a factor of a very thin aluminum case as opposed to well designed plastic.

this bend test is a bit more scientific.

iPhone 6 And 6 Plus Bend Test - Consumer Reports News

Just right is about right in my opinion. I concur with Goldilocks' pronouncement.

Our iPhone 6Pluses arrived late yesterday afternoon at about 4:00PM, September 30th. The FedEX person smiled when he remarked the day had been busy (delivering iPhones I presume). It's my birthday today (October 1st). I decided to wait for October 1st to arrive and present my self with one. Around 3:00AM, I opened one of the boxes to behold the new iPhone. As it is typical of Apple, the packaging is well done. The design is highly attractive. And, yes, the iPhone 6Plus is bigger than any phone I have ever employed. I had no difficulty with the dimensions and holding the phone. I have been using two hands most of the time. Cleaned the display with the wet wipes and soft cloth provided by ZAGG and installed the tempered glass screen protector on my iPhone first before installing my wife's iPhone 6Plus. Her installation was the better fit. Installed the Duo Incipio cases (inner and outer) which I first used to fit to the Thought Out Company PED4 stand that is adjustable so as to accommodate different dimensions made so by case dimensions.

Phone activation with Verizon Wireless took about five seconds. Having backed up my iPhone 4S in iTunes, the setup was about as simple as it gets. When it came to the step to install my fingerprint as an ID option in addition to the pass code, I decided not to use my thumb print. Rather my first finger and that took many passes before the program was satisfied. Works like a charm. I haven't enter the passcode since.

The entire installation was transparent, simple, convenient and allowed me to use the iPhone 6Plus immediately without a hitch. Haven't done much with it, e.g., photographs, videos, music. Voice iMessages are convenient. Haven't been introduced to or consulted with Suri yet. The Lightning cable is slightly easier to employ that the older style cable.

Read some emails and visited CA to read some posts. The screen is gigantic and the display is extraordinary. Even at this minimal use, I am loving the new 6Plus. Well past any concern about the size. Ordered a leather holster custom fabricated to the dimensions needed to accommodate the dual case. Given the dimension of the iPhone, a vertical holster (vs horizontal) makes the most sense to me. I can either stuff the case in my jacket pocket of use the belt clip and wear it like a six shooter. I am still wary of how that might be regarded by law enforcement. It's the former (as in retired) criminal trial lawyer in me that thinks this way and for good reasons.

Taking Priaptor's good counsel my Apple AC is being delivered today which I will use to replace the nearly brand new Dual Band Time Capsule I purchased at the time of the purchase of my 2013 Imac. Given the speed of the iPhone, the AC's specifications make it a practical and worthwhile added expense. My last reading using Speedtest.net was 82MB+down and 40MB+up. Why not use everything to my advantage. I have been extremely happy with 1Password so I will not use Dashland though I appreciate the recommendation. Jump? I might. Depends on the hoops.

All in all, the bed, the porridge and the iPhone 6Plus 64GB in space gray are just right. Highly recommended. One has to actually experience the iPhone in the flesh :>} to appreciate what's right about it.

Best,

Richard

IMG_0575.jpg

I like the pop tart size comparison

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14719[/ATTACH]

I do too, but what's up with the spacing between "devices" in that graphic?

--David (having an OCD moment)

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

Just right is about right in my opinion. I concur with Goldilocks' pronouncement.

Our iPhone 6Pluses arrived late yesterday afternoon at about 4:00PM, September 30th. The FedEX person smiled when he remarked the day had been busy (delivering iPhones I presume). It's my birthday today (October 1st). I decided to wait for October 1st to arrive and present my self with one. Around 3:00AM, I opened one of the boxes to behold the new iPhone. As it is typical of Apple, the packaging is well done. The design is highly attractive. And, yes, the iPhone 6Plus is bigger than any phone I have ever employed. I had no difficulty with the dimensions and holding the phone. I have been using two hands most of the time. Cleaned the display with the wet wipes and soft cloth provided by ZAGG and installed the tempered glass screen protector on my iPhone first before installing my wife's iPhone 6Plus. Her installation was the better fit. Installed the Duo Incipio cases (inner and outer) which I first used to fit to the Thought Out Company PED4 stand that is adjustable so as to accommodate different dimensions made so by case dimensions.

Phone activation with Verizon Wireless took about five seconds. Having backed up my iPhone 4S in iTunes, the setup was about as simple as it gets. When it came to the step to install my fingerprint as an ID option in addition to the pass code, I decided not to use my thumb print. Rather my first finger and that took many passes before the program was satisfied. Works like a charm. I haven't enter the passcode since.

The entire installation was transparent, simple, convenient and allowed me to use the iPhone 6Plus immediately without a hitch. Haven't done much with it, e.g., photographs, videos, music. Voice iMessages are convenient. Haven't been introduced to or consulted with Suri yet. The Lightning cable is slightly easier to employ that the older style cable.

Read some emails and visited CA to read some posts. The screen is gigantic and the display is extraordinary. Even at this minimal use, I am loving the new 6Plus. Well past any concern about the size. Ordered a leather holster custom fabricated to the dimensions needed to accommodate the dual case. Given the dimension of the iPhone, a vertical holster (vs horizontal) makes the most sense to me. I can either stuff the case in my jacket pocket of use the belt clip and wear it like a six shooter. I am still wary of how that might be regarded by law enforcement. It's the former (as in retired) criminal trial lawyer in me that thinks this way and for good reasons.

Taking Priaptor's good counsel my Apple AC is being delivered today which I will use to replace the nearly brand new Dual Band Time Capsule I purchased at the time of the purchase of my 2013 Imac. Given the speed of the iPhone, the AC's specifications make it a practical and worthwhile added expense. My last reading using Speedtest.net was 82MB+down and 40MB+up. Why not use everything to my advantage. I have been extremely happy with 1Password so I will not use Dashland though I appreciate the recommendation. Jump? I might. Depends on the hoops.

All in all, the bed, the porridge and the iPhone 6Plus 64GB in space gray are just right. Highly recommended. One has to actually experience the iPhone in the flesh :>} to appreciate what's right about it.

Best,

Richard

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14722[/ATTACH]

Congratulations Richard for you birthday and iPhone 6 Plus...!

I feel this would be my iPhone way when commercialized in my country on next november.

I saw about the bending issue in CNN-Español could affect the regular iPhone 6, not the Plus. I don't use tight jeans anymore, but a leather pocket like you, close to the liver, but I don't have any liver damage either, ha, ha, ha...

Cheers & champagne today and forever,

Roch

Ll

Congratulations Richard for you birthday and iPhone 6 Plus...!

I feel this would be my iPhone way when commercialized in my country on next november.

I saw about the bending issue in CNN-Español could affect the regular iPhone 6, not the Plus. I don't use tight jeans anymore, but a leather pocket like you, close to the liver, but I don't have any liver damage either, ha, ha, ha...

Cheers & champagne today and forever,

Roch

Hello Roch,

Thank you for the birthday wishes (71 and counting). The best gift of all is having good health and enjoying the music. Also enjoying reading your post on an iPhone I do not have to strain to see. I'm enjoying this on-and-off rainy day as I was born during a rain storm back when.

Hope you are well and in good spirits. We celebrated with a lovely luch and Champagne cocktails at a favored restaurant along The Hudson River and the Palisades.

Richard

Ll

Hello Roch,

Thank you for the birthday wishes (71 and counting). The best gift of all is having good health and enjoying the music. Also enjoying reading your post on an iPhone I do not have to strain to see. I'm enjoying this on-and-off rainy day as I was born during a rain storm back when.

Hope you are well and in good spirits. We celebrated with a lovely luch and Champagne cocktails at a favored restaurant along The Hudson River and the Palisades.

Richard

My daughter who owns a considerable number of Verizon franchises just got my iphone 6 in. She notes, the plus does bend if you really want to bend it. That iphone is just to big for me. I just can't see me carrying that thing around in my kayak, or on my boat fishing or in my jacket or pocket when I ride my bike.

Richard: Birthday my friend..

The Truth Is Out There

My daughter who owns a considerable number of Verizon franchises just got my iphone 6 in. She notes, the plus does bend if you really want to bend it. That iphone is just to big for me. I just can't see me carrying that thing around in my kayak, or on my boat fishing or in my jacket or pocket when I ride my bike.

Thank you, mav.

Actually, if you tether the iPhone 6Plus to a holster/case/belt clip, it is manageable even in the context you may choose to use it. Although, I can easily appreciate your perspective about the size and your preference for what serves you. Yesterday, waiting for the leather holster case to be made, I just merely placed the iPhone 6Plus inside my jeans jacket and promptly forgot about it until my wife and I reached the restaurant for a celebratory lunch and I whipped the iPhone out to take a photograph of my wife sitting in our booth with The Hudson River as background then turned the iPhone over to her and she photographed me from her seating next to me. What I wouldn't do or at least be highly reluctant is to hand the iPhone over to a stranger who might fumble with it (and drop it). After a while, one can easily get use to the dimensions and make it work, though it is still a question of choice for what works best. I am appreciating the scale of the display and finding the dimensions easy to adjust to. It just needs the proper holster. For me the advantages outweigh the care it requires (or not). ;>}.

It is big, nevertheless!

Best,

Richard

Mav

The size of this phone is an either love or hate relationship.

Those who need and want a small phone and use other devices such as iPads or other tablets or laptops will never be happy with the size of the plus as "a phone".

Those of us looking for ONE device and willing to carry a "man bag" (yes I admit it) or holster will love this device.

Personally regardless of the validity of "bendgate" I just don't see people putting this into pants pockets. I don't see how it is possible quite frankly.

Mav

The size of this phone is an either love or hate relationship.

Those who need and want a small phone and use other devices such as iPads or other tablets or laptops will never be happy with the size of the plus as "a phone".

Those of us looking for ONE device and willing to carry a "man bag" (yes I admit it) or holster will love this device.

Personally regardless of the validity of "bendgate" I just don't see people putting this into pants pockets. I don't see how it is possible quite frankly.

Pretty much agree. I tried imagining the plus while riding my bicycle, or kayaking and fishing but since the negatives far out weighed how cool the plus could be. So I will stick with the plain old 6 and if I want to read something I would just use my ipad. I have my LifeProof case for my 6 on order as soon as they notify me of it's release.

The Truth Is Out There

I exchanged my iphone 6 for the 6+. I have been carrying the 6+ in my pants pocket for the last few days.

I don't have any issues with the size or carrying it in my pants pocket. No man purse required.

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

The Airport Time Capsule (AC) arrived yesterday. Called AppleCare to get help setting the AC to work with my system so I do not do something stupid. After about an hour of trying everything she knew to make it work, Ms. AppleCare, a nice person, concluded the AC Time Capsule was defective, new, out of the box with a defective Wan Port.

Got to use my iPhone 6Plus today waiting for an appointment to arrive. Just a delight to use. The tempered glass screen protector is perfect protection and does not detract from the display quality. The Touch ID eliminates having to type my passcode which I decided was an absolute necessity to protect my privacy. The implementation hasn't failed once, not even a hiccup. Typing is so much easier. Reading emails etc. a completely improved experience. Love the action of the iPhone doing different operations. Smooth going. Clarity is superb.

Somewhat disappointed my AC Time Capsule arrived unusable. It was not the first time that a brand new component arrived defective out of the box. The AC Time Capsule is being replaced with a brand new AC shipped overnight or by Saturday. Very satisfied with the iPhone 6Plus. And look forward to an even faster wireless experience with the AC in combination with the 6Plus.

Best,

Richard