IGNORED

Booklet Art on JRemote?

dummy

Is there a way to display booklet art on JRemote?

Booklets usually comes in pdf with new purchases but I also have plenty of jpegs folders for each albums that I ripped myself.

Are we there yet?

If so, how to do It?

Thanks!

Arcam rDAC / Oppo BDP-83 / NAD 315BEE / Totem Arro

Is there a way to display booklet art on JRemote?

Booklets usually comes in pdf with new purchases but I also have plenty of jpegs folders for each albums that I ripped myself.

Are we there yet?

If so, how to do It?

Thanks!

All of my cover art displays fine in JRemote. My artwork is embedded with each file.

image.jpg

"A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open."
Frank Zappa

Just in case I misunderstood you are you talking about displaying cover art per my example above or are you talking about displaying and accessing a PDF of the booklet so you can read the contents on JRemote? If the latter I am unaware of the capability.

Frank Zappa
Just in case I misunderstood you are you talking about displaying cover art per my example above or are you talking about displaying and accessing a PDF of the booklet so you can read the contents on JRemote? If the latter I am unaware of the capability.

A quick tip for you :)

You can edit tags of pdf files in jriver. Just use the folder view to access the pdf file and type album details in it. With using jremote, find the related album (in album view) and the pdf note will appear at the bottom of the album. Then just tap it...

But the down side is, pdf document wont be opening within the jremote, so if you go back it wont be practical...

I don't have any PDF files in my library. Is there a place in the JRiver Wiki that you can refer me to so that I can research on how you both add PDF files to JRiver and edit them? Thank you.

Could you post screen shots of this function?

Frank Zappa

The latter.

Arcam rDAC / Oppo BDP-83 / NAD 315BEE / Totem Arro

The latter.

After I started to think about it I thought I might have been on the wrong track. The only way I have ever known to be able to have your booklets available to open and read was in an earlier version of iTunes where Books was included. I was able to add the PDF booklets to iTunes like a music file and open and read them from iTunes and if I recall correctly use the Apple Remote app to access and read them on my iPad. Since newer versions of iTunes removed Books and it was replaced by iBooks on the desktop that functionality is gone.

Frank Zappa
Since newer versions of iTunes removed Books and it was replaced by iBooks on the desktop that functionality is gone.

Even the newest versions of iTunes (without the Books functionality) allow you to add a PDF file (or files) to an album - just add the PDF then make sure the Artist and Album metadata matches the relevant 'CD'.

Unfortunately the PDFs can't be opened on an iPad (via Remote). Apple is frustrating some time by being so close to perfect solution yet just stop that little short... Rant over!

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.