IGNORED

DSD128 and 256 TItles

I have been looking for DSD128 and 256 titles to use with my E28. I have lots of SACD rips which are all DSD64. However, I am having difficulty actually finding 128 and 256. Are there sites where they are searchable? For example, on NativeDSD I have to click on each album to see whether it is 64, or offered at higher rez. I know there are not a lot of these available, but it would be nice to be able to do a search.

Thanks, Larry

PS. It would also be nice to know (as Native DSD does tell you, thanks Ted and others) that the file you are buying is not oversampled or converted from original PCM, etc.

Analog-VPIClas3,3DArm,LyraSkala+MiyajimaZeromono,Herron VTPH2APhono,2AmpexATR-102+MerrillTridentMaster TapePreamp

Dig Rip-Pyramix,IzotopeRX3Adv,MykerinosCard,PacificMicrosonicsModel2; Dig Play-Lampi Horizon, mch NADAC, Roon-HQPlayer,Oppo105

Electronics-DoshiPre,CJ MET1mchPre,Cary2A3monoamps; Speakers-AvantgardeDuosLR,3SolosC,LR,RR

Other-2x512EngineerMarutaniSymmetrical Power+Cables Music-1.8KR2Rtapes,1.5KCD's,500SACDs,50+TBripped files

DSD128 files are already offered on downloadsnow.net

So Many Stars | John Moriarty

Alphabet Town | Gregory James | Valence Records

dsdfile.com

dsdfile.com | A Selection of analogue Eric Bibb

NativeDSD.com

https://crierrecords.nativedsd.com/albums/dreams-and-prayers

Highdeftapetransfers.com offers both DSD128 and DSD256 files

High Definition Tape Transfers

I've heard from PentaTone that they are readying to launch DSD128 downloads soon.

SoundMirror do many of their recordings in DSD256, hopefully we'll see them released somewhere soon...

www.gearslutz.com/board/remote-possibilities-acoustic-music-location-recording/885857-quad-rate-dsd-3.html (see post #62)

Given that most DSD A/D converters are DSD128 capable, ditto for DSD DACs, I reckon that we should see more DSD128 downloads in the future.

Eudora Records, available from NativeDSD.Com, has their first album in Stereo and Multichannel in both DSD128 and DSD256.

https://eudora.nativedsd.com/

eOnkyo in Japan has a number of excellent DSD128 original recordings in Stereo. Worth checking out.

http://www.e-onkyo.com/search/search.aspx?qua=256

You'll also find some free DSD128 and DSD256 files on the Just Listen section of NativeDSD.Com.

https://justlisten.nativedsd.com/albums/just-listen-1-compilation

Happy listening!

Thanks for the help. Looks like right now there are not too many albums available. I know Bob Witrak (HDTT) is doing some 256. I have a beta version of one of his new albums that has not yet been released - original was a R2R tape and the file is DSD256. It is 5.1GB.

Looks like the 128 and 256 mch are going to be big files. I thought my 192/24 rips of vinyl were big (3GB for about 45 minute long album). But I have a bunch of mch rips from SACD's which are up to 7GB per album, and those are only DSD64.

Glad those new 6TB HD are out now.

Larry

Analog-VPIClas3,3DArm,LyraSkala+MiyajimaZeromono,Herron VTPH2APhono,2AmpexATR-102+MerrillTridentMaster TapePreamp

Dig Rip-Pyramix,IzotopeRX3Adv,MykerinosCard,PacificMicrosonicsModel2; Dig Play-Lampi Horizon, mch NADAC, Roon-HQPlayer,Oppo105

Electronics-DoshiPre,CJ MET1mchPre,Cary2A3monoamps; Speakers-AvantgardeDuosLR,3SolosC,LR,RR

Other-2x512EngineerMarutaniSymmetrical Power+Cables Music-1.8KR2Rtapes,1.5KCD's,500SACDs,50+TBripped files

Glad those new 6TB HD are out now.

Larry

That's what large Hard Drives and NAS storage is for! :)

Speaking of storage, NativeDSD is now offering free cloud backup of downloads from their web store. Wouldn't be surprised to see other web stores offer that feature in the future.

Thanks for the help. Looks like right now there are not too many albums available.

I would say it's a good start.. What's most important here is that an increasing number of labels and online stores are starting to offer such files. When you look at the websites offering DSD downloads, you'll see that all of them, except Super HiRez, have already added DSD128 files. Which is kind of ironic, because the name of the site (Super Hi-rez) suggests that we should be able to find something more than standard hi-rez (DSD 2.8MHz / PCM 192kHz) in their offering.

NativeDSD is now offering free cloud backup of downloads from their web store. Wouldn't be surprised to see other web stores offer that feature in the future.F2FMCQ

What is the difference between the standard service offered by all web stores where you can access/download your purchases anytime and this new "cloud backup"?

Cheers

What is the difference between the standard service offered by all web stores where you can access/download your purchases anytime and this new "cloud backup"?

Cheers

Actually "all web stores" do not allow you to access/download your purchases anytime. Often you are told that the download is available for a set period of time in the terms of sale.

Actually "all web stores" do not allow you to access/download your purchases anytime. Often you are told that the download is available for a set period of time in the terms of sale.

Ok, thanks for the explanation. In my poor experience I never found that the music that I purchased was not available anymore for me to download it. I will read the terms to find it out.

• 3 weeks later...

A Japanese commercial site, OTOTOY, released Josei's piano solo album, "I See You While Playing The Piano", in multiple formats including 11.2 MHz 1 bit (DSD256) on October 8th, 2014.

I See You While Playing The Piano (11.2MHz dsd + mp3) - OTOTOY (in Japanese)

Josei, Josei The Official Web Site(in Japanese), plays standard jazz numbers and his original pieces on FIZIOLI piano.

I purchased the album file ( a ZIP file of DSDIFF audio files, 5.1GB), of which price was 3,500 JPY (approximately 33 USD) and listened tracks on my ES9018 based DIY DAC connected to a SD memory card transport.

My first impression was "I have never listened such recording of solo piano plays with timbre like this."

I'm not sure OTOTOY accepts an online purchase request by way of the Internet connection from outside Japan.

I think it's worth trying listening the album if you are interested in sounds of DSD256 recording.

Eudora Records, available from NativeDSD.Com, has their first album in Stereo and Multichannel in both DSD128 and DSD256.

https://eudora.nativedsd.com/

This one is particularly interesting, as it was natively recorded in DSD256 with no processing. I got it (in DSD64 and in PCM24/192) and can confirm that the recording quality is excellent to my ears. However, I feel that I must add that I found the music quite boring, even if I am usually very keen on classical guitar.

This one is particularly interesting, as it was natively recorded in DSD256 with no processing. I got it (in DSD64 and in PCM24/192) and can confirm that the recording quality is excellent to my ears. However, I feel that I must add that I found the music quite boring, even if I am usually very keen on classical guitar.

Eudora has some more projects in DSD that they are working on. Perhaps there will be more exciting classical music in DSD from them yet to come !

• 3 years later...

"2xHD" all the Jazz Albums i own are in DSD128!

http://www.2xhd.com/

Gigabyte-GA-Z97 Sniper with separate usb-dac out,5v usb-power disabeld in Bios. i3 4130T(35 W)@800mhz,16gb ram@800mhz @1.25v. Cpu+Ram powered by Pico-160w+Voltcraft Lab.PSU.

Cpu-Fan+Music Hdd with 2 separate  LPsu. JLsounds Dac-Kit: USB-I2S XMOS-board+ AK4490 DAC+DVR603 FB+2 JLS LPSU. Player: wtfplay and Daphile

Tubeamp: Lua 4040 C . LS: Chario Academy II. Conections/Filters: Reson DNM / Fisch Audio.

I'm specifically looking for releases where no dsd to dxd conversion occurred during post-production, like the Eurora recordings at Nativedsd.com.

"high fidelity” -> being faithful, accuracy in details; “the degree to which an electronic device accurately reproduces sound

38 minutes ago, Peti said:

I'm specifically looking for releases where no dsd to dxd conversion occurred during post-production, like the Eurora recordings at Nativedsd.com.

Check the DSD 256 releases at NativeDSD from IsoMike, Wave Kinetics, and Yarlung. 

Some excellent releases direct to DSD 256.

https://isomike.nativedsd.com/

https://wavekinetics.nativedsd.com/

https://yarlungrecords.nativedsd.com/

I was lead to believe that Yarlung exclusively records on analog tape and then transfers the material onto dsd64/128/256, etc. But if you say they have native dsd recordings (a.k.a. no pcm conversion during production/editing) I shall peruse their catalogue again. Thank you for the tips though, Chopin's Last Waltz looks particularly enticing!

"high fidelity” -> being faithful, accuracy in details; “the degree to which an electronic device accurately reproduces sound

9 minutes ago, Peti said:

I was lead to believe that Yarlung exclusively records on analog tape and then transfers the material onto dsd64/128/256, etc. But if you say they have native dsd recordings (a.k.a. no pcm conversion during production/editing) I shall peruse their catalogue again. Thank you for the tips though, Chopin's Last Waltz looks particularly enticing!

The first batch of Yarlung releases in DSD 256 Stereo at NativeDSD were Analog to DSD 256 conversions.  The more recent Yarlung releases were recorded in both Analog and DSD 256 Stereo and DSD 256 Surround Sound.  There are two Yarlung albums that have some PCM sourced tracks.  That is noted in the Album Release notes.  The rest are from original native DSD 256 recordings by Yaarlung.  They are very good.

On Eudora Records in Spain,  you are right there.  I'm surprised how many listeners have not yet discovered that label and their DSD 256 releases.  Very well done indeed.  I have picked up several DSD albums from Eudora at NativeDSD!

15 minutes ago, Peti said:

Chopin's Last Waltz looks particularly enticing!

It is.  IsoMike's Ray Kimber has a blog post that describes the recording directly to Stereo and 4 Channel Surround Sound DSD 256.

Very realistic.  Was recently named "Album of the Week" at NativeDSD.

https://isomike.nativedsd.com/albums/ISOMIKE5606-chopins-last-waltz

http://blog.nativedsd.com/producers-note-by-ray-kimber-isomike/