IGNORED

Amarra 3.0

tuca200

Does anybody try Amarra 3.0 on OSX Yosemite Beta Trial?

thanks

Yes, I have. On my system it stutters, tracks cut off early and randomly blasts full volume white noise. I opened a trouble ticket with my my detailed system info and their rote response was to delete preferences. I followed their advice and it has actually gotten worse.

Their tech support is as useful as their program.

You are welcome. I realize that my reply was a bit harsh. To be fair, if you read the existing Amarra 3.0 thread, it is working fine for some people. It seems to be system dependent. I love the sound of Amarra when it works but unfortunately for me, at this time it doesn't.

You are welcome. I realize that my reply was a bit harsh. To be fair, if you read the existing Amarra 3.0 thread, it is working fine for some people. It seems to be system dependent. I love the sound of Amarra when it works but unfortunately for me, at this time it doesn't.

I understand, in my case works well with my system ... however i would like to experiment with Yosemite OSX to see if it is compatible...

I understand, in my case works well with my system ... however i would like to experiment with Yosemite OSX to see if it is compatible...

It works just as well for me on Yosemite (gold master) as it did with Mavericks. i.e., usually works, sometimes freaks out and starts playing a different track than is selected, sometimes stutters, etc. In other words, you shouldn't worry about Yosemite "compatibility" - it works just the same as under Mavericks, in my experience.

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

To be fair, if you read the existing Amarra 3.0 thread, it is working fine for some people. It seems to be system dependent.
Amarra 3.0 works without any problem for me. Even 2.6, which was less stable, works flawlessly in my system - at this very moment I am listening Grateful Dead's May 77 concert with the sound that leaves nothing to wish more. For reference: Mavericks booted from 16GB Transcend sd card, only Amarra Symphony 2.6 folder and XLD added to Applications directory, music files copied to listen into WAV.
Amarra 3.0 works without any problem for me. Even 2.6, which was less stable, works flawlessly in my system - at this very moment I am listening Grateful Dead's May 77 concert with the sound that leaves nothing to wish more. For reference: Mavericks booted from 16GB Transcend sd card, only Amarra Symphony 2.6 folder and XLD added to Applications directory, music files copied to listen into WAV.

In the OSX Yosemite trial?

WHEN it works, is awsome, the sound is just so good!

But most of the times it crashes, hangs or stutters or makes clicking noise

I think that Amarra need to hire a good programmer very soon, before every body looses their patience. May I suggest a guy named Damien maybe???

Have you checked your set up? Works flawlessly here on two machines 2011 mini and 2012 MacBook Pro both using iRC. I have to assume that a lot of others are using it without problems too, or we would hear much more. I agree it sounds great. If you want to compare any settings - I'm up for that.

Audirvana Plus/Dirac Live - Weiss 202 - Lavardin IT-15 - Art Emotion Signatures.  DragonFly Red - Sennheiser HD600s & IE800s.

WHEN it works, is awsome, the sound is just so good!

But most of the times it crashes, hangs or stutters or makes clicking noise

I think that Amarra need to hire a good programmer very soon, before every body looses their patience. May I suggest a guy named Damien maybe???

Guy named Damien is too busy with library managing these days and, anyway, he never found a way to a sound which is "so good"...)

And, I am with Amarra for a several years now - different macs, different settings, several consequential mac operation systems, iRC, - and I never had a significant problem with it. Just great sound, nothing else.

Hi Steve.

Thanx, yes I checket my setup many times. A is the only software that doesn't work at my place...

All my settings and stuff are updated to newest software, all is paid for (!), two year old iMac with 20 GB RAM, TBolt 5 TB disc (same with 6 TB FW disc). Al permission updated from DiscUtility and so on...

best

KK

Have you checked your set up? Works flawlessly here on two machines 2011 mini and 2012 MacBook Pro both using iRC. I have to assume that a lot of others are using it without problems too, or we would hear much more. I agree it sounds great. If you want to compare any settings - I'm up for that.
Hi Steve.

Thanx, yes I checket my setup many times. A is the only software that doesn't work at my place...

All my settings and stuff are updated to newest software, all is paid for (!), two year old iMac with 20 GB RAM, TBolt 5 TB disc (same with 6 TB FW disc). Al permission updated from DiscUtility and so on...

best

KK

Sorry if I am interrupting. No problems with Ammara ever. Feel free to write to my pm.

Yes, at evenings with friends and/ or family I use iTunes integrated mode, but most of the time I use playlist mode because the SQ is so much better!

And I have never had problems.

Then it's no wonder you don't have problems, nearly all of the bugs I'm aware of including the one on my system are related to ITunes integration.

Hopefully this will help some using itunes integration so that the Remote app can be used to access your music library. Most has been noted already in the various threads, but these are the process steps I am using.

1. Open VNC app on iPad to connect to the Mac and start Amarra

2. Navigate to File ---> Extras ---> Quit Finder

3. Navigate to File ---> Extras ---> Purge OSX Memory

4. Click cache button, make sure green light is showing

5. Click Amarra button, make sure green light is showing

6. Click in the iTunes screen, and click on Album column header until It is sorted by Album by Artist

7. Navigate to Amarra Symphony --->Preferences

8. Under Launch I only have launch/quit Amarra with iTunes checked, others unchecked

9. Under Playback, Click Preload Tracks and select Album for count and 3GB Cache memory amount. Crucial settings.

10. Under Dither I have auto-dither unchecked

11. Under Processing only gain bypass is checked and all others are unchecked

12. Under Hardware follow audio midi is unchecked

13. Disconnect from VNC

14. On the iPad/iPhone open the Apple Remote app

15. Do NOT use Playlists except for perhaps finding what you want to listen to

16. Use Artist followed by Album, or Album tab and click on the first song in an album

17. Only click ONCE on the first song of the album

18. Be patient and wait until the whole album is loaded into cache and playback starts

Once loaded in Cache, you will notice harddrive activity has stopped, and you can click through the songs within the album with quick response since it is all in memory.

One note on searching for music on the Playlist tab of Remote. If you do click on a song from Playlist, immediately go the the Album tab and click on the first song of the album again. This way the songs are loaded in the correct order. Do not use Remote Playlist any other way as you will get frustrated!

This is as close as I could get enjoying Amarra (for the most part) gapless with the audible benefit of Amarra's playlist and using an iPad Remote to access my library.

I like the sound of Cache mode as it turns off the spinning harddrives or TBolt drives and the files are loaded into memory. Same exact reason Playlist sounds better. But Amarra's Playlist without a proper app is shite for a user.

Cheers

To those of you having no problems, do you use ITunes integrated mode?

Yes, pretty much all the time. Settings are as per tranz's email give or take the odd one (I like the link to be maintained on screen). I use Cache with iTunes integrated and pre-load for those albums that contain linked tracks or are gapless throughout.

A couple of other points, I use an XMOS USB / Spdif converter to feed the DAC. I also store music on board, I don't use attached storage as I like to keep things as simple as possible. A 1TB disc is enough for me, I appreciate this won't be the case for many and in such cases I would experiement with some music stored locally to rule out the attached storage as a reason for playback issues.

Audirvana Plus/Dirac Live - Weiss 202 - Lavardin IT-15 - Art Emotion Signatures.  DragonFly Red - Sennheiser HD600s & IE800s.