IGNORED

Free new U2 album download on iTunes

I thought it was very sloppy choice from Apple, U2 are a bunch of ageing rockers whose time has probably come. Hardly innovative or new. Is that what Apple want people to think of them?

For a huge number of people it is just a big so what! How about a diverse range of new artists?

But it gets worse, much worse, I can't get it out of MY iphone. I have fiddled around and am now down to one track that just will not go away.

It is one thing giving the album away, it is quite another forcing it on people....talk about a totalitarian act from U2 and Apple.

Trying to make sense of all the bits...MacMini/Amarra -> WavIO USB to I2S -> DDDAC 1794 NOS DAC -> Active XO ->Bass Amp Avondale NCC200s, Mid/Treble Amp Sugden Masterclass -> My Own Speakers

+1- They were great in the 80's and 90's.....

Listed to album. Bored..... U2's time has past, I think. Still love the Joshua Tree...!

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

I'm of a different mind. I think there are some really strong songs on this release. Granted, it may not be the "version" of the band that everyone is comfortable with. But I respect how these guys continue to explore new territory (for them). I think the greatest betrayal would be for them to try and re-create the Joshua tree or Achtung Baby. That would be sad.

Anyhow my favorite songs so far are: "sleep like a baby tonight". I love how it invokes Kraftwerk and it just has a very cool strangeness to it. I also like "this is where you can reach me now". The "stonesy" guitar in the opening is totally cool and I love how The song goes into this whole "Clash-like" vibe from there. The final track "the troubles" is just sonically beautiful and I dig the inclusion of the Swedish female singer. Her voice is haunting. I guess it's a duet of sorts.

Anyway, just my two cents on this album. I'll be buying the general release which is supposed to have several new songs songs and alternate acoustic versions of what was in the iTunes release.

Take care all, Clay

I'm of a different mind. I think there are some really strong songs on this release. Granted, it may not be the "version" of the band that everyone is comfortable with. But I respect how these guys continue to explore new territory (for them). I think the greatest betrayal would be for them to try and re-create the Joshua tree or Achtung Baby. That would be sad.

Anyhow my favorite songs so far are: "sleep like a baby tonight". I love how it invokes Kraftwerk and it just has a very cool strangeness to it. I also like "this is where you can reach me now". The "stonesy" guitar in the opening is totally cool and I love how The song goes into this whole "Clash-like" vibe from there. The final track "the troubles" is just sonically beautiful and I dig the inclusion of the Swedish female singer. Her voice is haunting. I guess it's a duet of sorts.

Anyway, just my two cents on this album. I'll be buying the general release which is supposed to have several new songs songs and alternate acoustic versions of what was in the iTunes release.

Take care all, Clay

+1

Nothing, for me, will rival The Joshua Tree or Achtung Baby, but this album is a re-invention of the band, extremely interesting, and thought provoking.

Take care all, Clay

OK... will give it another go! :D

Roon / JRiver with Audiolense XO -> Chord Hugo TT2 -> Cyrus Mono x200 Signatures -> Audiovector Si3 Avantgarde Arretes

I am a fan of U2 but this new album stinks.

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

I had automatic downloads turned off and found the album download when it started playing when I connected my in my car. Free music is awesome but to infect my computer with it despite this being disabled seems more akin to malware or a virus to me. I think there is a bigger question here in an age of ubiquitous smartphones, and soon wearable devices such as watches or glasses. Not sure I like it...

A Digital Audio Converter connected to my Home Computer taking me into the Future