IGNORED

New Kinks on HDtracks

I don't know what was there before, check if the record labels are the same. If not it may be a different remaster. Or write HDT and ask.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

I just checked my disc collection and found the Kink's Misfits SACD. The HDT download I purchased in 2011 looks the same as the SACD. This new Misfits is on a different label and has one bonus track instead of four.

SonicTransporter i9 > EtherRegen (optical out) > LUMIN P1 > LUMIN Amp > YG Kipod Signature Passive speakers.

I downloaded Misfits and compared it with the SACD. The latter is a bit plumper. The download certainly isn't louder than the SACD. I would not call it a revelation, but I do prefer it.

I will give MH a try later. Always disliked the SACD, but the new deluxe edition sounds pretty good.

So these are new remasters from tape, I understand. That's good. I will probably buy another couple of albums that I already own multiple copies of :)

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

Has anyone heard Preservation Act I? I bought the 24/96 from HDT a few years ago. It is a little better than my CD, but not great. If this is much better than the CD I'd probably buy it again.