IGNORED

Grateful Dead HD Tracks: Wake Up To Find Out: Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale, NY 3/29/1990

Just as an update, this has become one of my favorites. If you are one of those people who thinks the live music is sub-standard, this would be a good one to help change your mind. If you like to reproduce their "wall of sound" and give your system a little bit of a workout when the unappreciative members of the family are gone, this is a good one for that too. Plus, it demonstrates that the Dead still had it right up to the point where the head Dead Head became dead.

I agree that the quality of the recording is very, very good. The cymbals of the two drummers really cut through without being overbearing. It is also a treat to experience the swings in dynamics they were famous for. There are some real gems throughout the Spring 1990 set as well, though there is obviously some repetition. The weak point is clearly Jerry's voice, sad to say. It definitely was at a low during this period. But his guitar work is first rate.

• 1 year later...

I was about to start a new thread on this, and then searched and found all my old posts.

Briefly, this is quite possibly the best (highest quality, outstanding content) live Dead recording I own. All things being equal, I would recommend the 24/96 download. However, all things are not equal.

You can buy the 24/192 (only) on dead.net for $25, i.e., less than half the price of the same thing on HDtracks ($53), and quite a bit less than the 24/96 on HDtracks ($41). So get the 24/192 download from Dead.net. The content very naturally goes to about 40 kHz. I picked the drum solo (which is absolutely outstanding):

Screen Shot 2016-03-31 at 11.07.58 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-03-31 at 11.08.16 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-03-31 at 11.09.06 AM.png