IGNORED

Apple Watch?

Priaptor

What does it do?

Cook calls it the "the most personal device Apple has created"

Maybe he is talking in terms if customizable but I guess I don't get it.

Starting this thread to see if anyone gets any info on this product and (other than counting your footsteps and heartbeat) why it is so groundbreaking because I don't see it.

They haven't announced exactly how it interfaces with the iPhone other than it does.

Any news please report.

I saw an iTunes icon on the sample watch.

But the coolest thingy is a health app that tells you when you have been sitting on you Bee Hind too long. So this is for Jud who was posting way past his bedtime on the Software thread. Get off the computer and go to bed!!!

BTW MacRumors has a break down on all the great application on the watch.

In any dispute the intensity of feeling is inversely proportional to the value of the issues at stake ~ Sayre's Law

I saw an iTunes icon on the sample watch.

But the coolest thingy is a health app that tells you when you have been sitting on you Bee Hind too long. So this is for Jud who was posting way past his bedtime on the Software thread. Get off the computer and go to bed!!!

BTW MacRumors has a break down on all the great application on the watch.

LOL

That is what I was thinking when watching the presentation. Not the Jud part but the on your ass monitoring part.

We will see. I trust their ingenuity.

Macrumors.com

Apparently the most I could gather from the site was they wanted to release the hardware today and hone the interface and let apps be developed prior to release however I saw no actual "capabilities" other than those such as showing you planets that were shown at the "event"

The NFC part of it is a clue of where this device is headed and the remote app along with the Lutron app gives another clue. Along with Apple's location tracking iBeacons this device is how real home automation will become a reality. This thing could turn out to be huge.

Not trying to argumentative but I don't see home automation benefitting from a tiny screen interacting with your phone that has a much bigger and better app to really control your home automation.

I hope I see some things from this that makes it worth the starting price of 349.

I saw a pretty funny analysis on one of the financial channels. The looked at AAPL price before and after the announcement of Apple Watch. AAPL lost 30 billion in market capitalization and were asking will Watch be a "30 Billion Loser".

Time will tell.

Apparently there are many other skeptics besides me. Right now I don't see it other than transferring messages, taking your heart rate, a pedometer and some apps to justify its existence that don't work as well as their iPhone counterpart.

BUT then again I never saw the point of a "smart watch"

We will see. I hope I am wrong.

I hope Apple releases a version of their Remote app for the Apple Watch. At a minimum it could just replicate the buttons on their IR remote and still be very cool. I wouldn't buy the watch just for that, but if the watch was already on my wrist I could avoid having to wrestle up the proper remote just to advance tracks.

The watch will be successful for the same reason the iPhone was, I think: Apps, apps, apps. It's simply a platform that will allow developers to deliver apps that none of us ever thought we wanted but now find that we can't live without.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC 

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali power conditioner, Shunyata Alpha and Delta power cords, Shunyata Alpha interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD60 speaker cables, ASC isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels

Not trying to argumentative but I don't see home automation benefitting from a tiny screen interacting with your phone that has a much bigger and better app to really control your home automation.

I think the home automation part is that devices could know when people were in a particular room of the house by the presence of a iWatch.

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

I think the home automation part is that devices could know when people were in a particular room of the house by the presence of a iWatch.

Eloise

Other than allowing the wearer to be tracked everywhere, I'm not sure what the Watch does. I haven't been able to find any articles explaining what it does, other than in broad meaningless generalizations.

However, a lot of people scoffed at the iPad when it was announced, and that did well.

Other than allowing the wearer to be tracked everywhere, I'm not sure what the Watch does. I haven't been able to find any articles explaining what it does, other than in broad meaningless generalizations.

However, a lot of people scoffed at the iPad when it was announced, and that did well.

Although, while people scoffed, they saw a use for it, despite claiming they would not buy one. I can't even think of legitimate uses of the Watch except for texting.

Although, while people scoffed, they saw a use for it, despite claiming they would not buy one. I can't even think of legitimate uses of the Watch except for texting.

Well you can always use it to tell the time :-)

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

If you read what's been released, it is oriented towards health and fitness functions. Probably a good move, because the price will definitely not make it a device for young people (and the don't wear watches so much anyway).

It has a lot of other convenient functions that mean you don't need to take your phone out and can do them on the watch.

The drawback is that you need an iPhone 5 or 6 to fully use the watch.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +_iFi  AC iPurifiers >Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Conditioning+Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Listening: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Matrix Element i Streamer/DAC (XLR)+Schiit Freya>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

The drawback is that you need an iPhone 5 or 6 to fully use the watch.

For Apple I think that's the good part. :)

I think Apple Pay will be something the watch gets used for (besides telling time - and I have to note the price is less than the watch I now wear). That way people will not even have to reach for their phones or wallets in order to make payment. Soon we will not have to move at all. But we will be well armed with health and fitness apps!

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical to EtherREGEN -> microRendu -> ISO Regen -> Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC -> Spectral DMC-12 & DMA-150 -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Whatever my wife is paying you, I'll match. ;)

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical to EtherREGEN -> microRendu -> ISO Regen -> Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC -> Spectral DMC-12 & DMA-150 -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

If it has 16 gigs of storage and Bluetooth, everybody at your gym will be wearing one with wireless earbuds.

Office: MacBook Pro - Audirvana Plus - Resonessence Concero - Cavailli Liquid Carbon - Sennheiser HD 800.

Travel/Portable: iPhone 7 or iPad Pro - AudioQuest Dragonfly Red - Audeze SINE or Noble Savant