IGNORED

Audeze LCD -3

If you own these which DAC or headphone amp are you using? Thank you.

HQ Player (#1) & Audrivana (#2) (wow! love the Apple w/music!!) .. these two software make my system "Amazing!", Purist USB- Benchmark DAC2 HGC (love it!), Purist Audio XLR , ATC SCM25A's (To Die For!) & Focal sub6 . Triode Power Cables with Uber Buss (Yes!) Also enjoy Audeze LCD3 w/"fat pipe cardas."

If you own these which DAC or headphone amp are you using? Thank you.

I am driving them with my X-Sabre DAC and GS-X MKII (DACT) Headphone Amplifier.

It can also be driven with the cheaper units like Schiit Gungnir/Mjolnir, however does not sound as musical nor transparent than the $2000+ ones, however, closer to subtle difference.

They also sounded good on a Aualic Vega + Taurus MKII combo.

Have also tried them with Schiit Asgard 2, LYR, and ASUS Essence One in which they sounded just good, but not great.

Waiting right now for the Schiit Ragnarok beta to finish so i can order one. It should sound great with the LCD-3 considering their amps are pretty much made for planner magnetic headphones.

Computer > iFi iUSB Power Supply > iFi iPurifier USB Conditioner> iFi iLink USB to SPDIF Converter >

Matrix Audio X-Sabre DAC > AMB Balanced Beta 22 AMP>

|ϟ| SVS SB-1000 Subwoofer |ϟ| Adam A7X Monitors |ϟ| Sennheiser HD800 Headphones

Thank you for the responses...

HQ Player (#1) & Audrivana (#2) (wow! love the Apple w/music!!) .. these two software make my system "Amazing!", Purist USB- Benchmark DAC2 HGC (love it!), Purist Audio XLR , ATC SCM25A's (To Die For!) & Focal sub6 . Triode Power Cables with Uber Buss (Yes!) Also enjoy Audeze LCD3 w/"fat pipe cardas."

Burson Soloist, headphone amp, is an excellent match for the LCD-3.

Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Metrum Hex NOS DAC w/Upgraded USB Module-2, UpTone Regen Amber, Pass Labs INT-30A Amplifier, B&W 802 Diamond Speakers, Shotgun Bi-wire Kimber 4TC Cables. Headphone setup: Burson Soloist Amp, Audeze LCD-3 Headphones.

:D

When I had them, I had an Ayre QB-9 and Bryston HPA-1. Ran them balanced.

I only kept them for about four months. They didn't suit me as well as the Senn HD800.

Office: MacBook Pro - Audirvana Plus - Resonessence Concero - Cavailli Liquid Carbon - Sennheiser HD 800.

Travel/Portable: iPhone 7 or iPad Pro - AudioQuest Dragonfly Red - Audeze SINE or Noble Savant

Have used them with BMC PureDAC as a combo dac/amp balanced and it is superb. My current amp now is the Red Wine Audio Cassabria. It is absolutely first rate for a hybrid/tube sound. It uses a single 12ax7 or 6922 so it gives lots of relatively inexpensive options for rolling. It is end game for me on the amp side. I am using a iFi micro iDSD as a dac only and like it a lot, but i am on the lookout for something a bit higher end (maybe a ps audio directstream, or vega.) I also have an NAD M51 that I lovewith the RWA and lcd3 but it is in my loudspeaker system as a dac/pre.

Roon ->UltraRendu + CI Audio 7v LPS-> Kii Control -> Kii Three

Roon->BMC UltraDAC->Mr Speakers Aeon Flow Open

Ayre QB-9 DSD, HeadAmp GSX Mk II - no wish for anything more.

I have also used them with a more portable Cypherlabs Solo -dB and HeadAmp Pico Power. It isn't a bad combo, but after listening for a while I start to feel that the LCD-3 needs a better source and a bit better amp. A significant part of the naturalness of the big system is missing with this portable combo. I actually prefer to listen to this dac / amp combo with a less revealing headphone.

Main System: Mac mini (Audirvana+, MMK, JS-2) -> ISO Regen (LPS-1) -> Icron 2201 (Rex LPS-1.2) -> ISO Regen (LPS-1.2) -> Ayre QB-9 Twenty -> Headamp GS-X Mk2 -> Classe CT-M600 -> KEF Reference 201/2

Waiting right now for the Schiit Ragnarok beta to finish so i can order one. It should sound great with the LCD-3 considering their amps are pretty much made for planner magnetic headphones.2QF7mT

Like you, I'm also looking at the Ragnarok for my LCD-3. I'm waiting for reviews of the Ragnarok paired with both the LCD-3 and the Sennheiser HD800. The Auralic Taurus is also rated highly with both sets of cans, plus it would obviously look great next to the Auralic Vega and Aries that I already own. The price difference is 200 USD in favor of the Ragnarok.

Esau

Seems like we are all in favor of Class-A amplifiers.

Looking forward to see how well it does with the LCD-3 and HD800 especially.

"ssedtohavs" is right, knowing Schiit's history it's practically designed for planar magnetic's, but i'll have to say mainly Audeze as I haven't found HiFiMan to sound as good with their gear. Maybe it can even hold it's weight against end game solid state amplifiers like the GS-X and Beta 22.

Can't go too wrong with high end amps nowadays as they've pretty much all transitioned to powering orthodynamics, just as how the Auralic Taurus was.

Computer > iFi iUSB Power Supply > iFi iPurifier USB Conditioner> iFi iLink USB to SPDIF Converter >

Matrix Audio X-Sabre DAC > AMB Balanced Beta 22 AMP>

|ϟ| SVS SB-1000 Subwoofer |ϟ| Adam A7X Monitors |ϟ| Sennheiser HD800 Headphones

• 3 weeks later...

Been using the LCD-3 latest version with fazors with Burson Soloist amp and a Calyx DAC. Very nice setup, I am really impressed.

1. WiiM Pro - Mola Mola Makua - Apollon NCx500+SS2590 - March Audio Sointuva AWG

2. LG 77C1 - Marantz SR7005 - Apollon NC502MP+NC252MP - Monitor Audio PL100+PLC150+C265 - SVS SB-3000

3. PC - RME ADI-2 DAC FS - Neumann KH 80 DSP

4. Phone - Tanchjim Space - Truthear Zero Red

5. PC - Keysion ES2981 - Truthear Zero Red

Just got a Auralic Taurus mk2 little over a week ago and it's excellent with my fazored LCD-3. I use a balanced Moon Audio Silver Dragon V3 HP cable and balanced XLR interconnects with a Yulong Sabre D18 DAC. Had some glare problems with the DAC when driven over coax from a Peachtree X1 that were resolved with a Wyrd, although I'm redoing the whole USB front end around a Gustard U12. Never noticed it before, because no HP amp I ever owned or tried before had this level of transparency and clarity.