IGNORED

Hi Res Americana Nelson Wright Orphans & Relics

Nelson Wright is an outstanding singer/songwriter and is offering his latest album, Orphans & Relics, in high-res at 96-24.

Full disclosure: I know Nelson, and while I have no involvement at all in the album itself I may have played a small part in convincing him to offer a high-res version. I'm happy to say it came out quite well.

I've listened to both the regular CD and high-res versions on my system. The high-res version sounds great and is clearly superior. More air between players/instruments, deep three-dimensional soundstage, free-flowing, natural even liquid sound. The 96-24 version deserves the audiophile label.

Orphans & Relics is Americana, with subgenre styles ranging from folk to jazz to blues. I don't think there's a weak track on the album.

Decide for yourself. You can preview the album and buy the high-res version here (and as far as I know, the high-res version is only here):

Nelson Wright - Music Downloads

If you like it, support him. I wish all independent musicians would offer new music in high-res versions as good as this.