IGNORED

DIY interconnects

mkrzych

That's the way Star Grounding works, yes. You don't have to do it that way, but if you want to receive any benefit that there might be from quasi-balanced interconnects, that's how they are supposed to be arranged.

Thank you. Mogami W2549 and Neutrik Rean RCAs are on the way. It's gonna be DIY weekend!

--

Krzysztof Maj

http://mkrzych.wordpress.com/

"Music is the highest form of art. It is also the most noble. It is human emotion, captured, crystallised, encased… and then passed on to others." - By Ken Ishiwata

Good luck, and let us know how it goes!

That sounds funny when the request is made by a well known "cable agnostic" who only trusts measurements in this area !

IMO, unless leads of a comparable length are also constructed using a quality construction double screened coax type cable , and using the same type quality RCA plugs, then EXPECTATION BIAS, in the absence of conforming S/N measurements etc. is going to play a large part in the results unless the existing leads are substandard.

Alex

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

That sounds funny when the request is made by a well known "cable agnostic" who only trusts measurements in this area !

IMO, unless leads of a comparable length are also constructed using a quality construction double screened coax type cable , and using the same type quality RCA plugs, then EXPECTATION BIAS, in the absence of conforming S/N measurements etc. is going to play a large part in the results unless the existing leads are substandard.

Alex

I don't see why it's funny to wish a guy luck who is about to build his own cables! As to whether or not they make any audible difference to his system, well, that's his business and has nothing whatsoever to do with our discussion of the subject.

George

I don't see why it's funny to wish a guy luck who is about to build his own cables! As to whether or not they make any audible difference to his system, well, that's his business and has nothing whatsoever to do with our discussion of the subject.

I am also not sure if it brings any difference to my system, but since I already have Mogami W3103 speaker cables, I've decided to try Mogami brand W2549 also as IC's.

I tried in the past Chord Cromson 3, short also around 0.5m, but it made unpleasant hum goong out of my speakers-don't know why. Now I have 1m each of Profigold PROA IC's and they work just fine, but why not to do some consistency to the system and use Mogami everywhere? Those are pro grade audio wires.

--

Krzysztof Maj

http://mkrzych.wordpress.com/

"Music is the highest form of art. It is also the most noble. It is human emotion, captured, crystallised, encased… and then passed on to others." - By Ken Ishiwata