IGNORED

DACs with Room Correction, sound signatures

Hi everyone!

I've been asking on another thread about the sound signature of DACs with Room Correction and I was suggested to start a new thread about it. So here goes:

What is your experience with the sound signatures of DACs or processors with Room Correction DSP?

I list a few to get us started. I personally haven't had the opportunity to listen, let alone experiment with any of them: Classe CP800, DEQX HDP4 or PreMATE, Trinnov ST2 or Amethyst, MiniDSP DDRC-22DA, Lyngdorf DPA-1, Emotiva XMC-1 or any other multi-channel processors that might be good sounding.

The KRK Ergo is discontinued, and can be found for 200 - 300 USD. It is four channel, and can sound really good. But is FireWire only.

It belongs on the list.

2012 Mac Mini, i5 - 2.5 GHz, 16 GB RAM. SSD,  PM/PV software, Focusrite Clarett 4Pre 4 channel interface. Daysequerra M4.0X Broadcast monitor., My_Ref Evolution rev a , Klipsch La Scala II, Blue Sky Sub 12

Clarett used as ADC for vinyl rips.

Corning Optical Thunderbolt cable used to connect computer to 4Pre. Dac fed by iFi iPower and Noise Trapper isolation transformer.