IGNORED

Article: Auralic Aries ... So Far

• 2 weeks later...

Is there anywhere in the states to get the Aries Extreme? My current DAC has AES/EBU spdif input, and should work well with this unit. This looks to be a slicker unit to stream with than a RPi or BBB, although I am looking into better clocks to use one of those with an I2S input DAC I am currently building.

[Home Digital] MSB Premier DAC > Modright LS300 > Atma-Sphere "Class D" Monoblocks > Daedalus Audio Muse Studio Speakers

[Home Analog] Technics SL-1200G > Boulder 508 (Benz Glider SL)

[Office] Laptop > Kitsune R2R lvl3 > Violectric V281 > Meze Liric / Meze Elite

[Travel] Laptop/iPad -> Focal Bathys

Is there anywhere in the states to get the Aries Extreme? My current DAC has AES/EBU spdif input, and should work well with this unit. This looks to be a slicker unit to stream with than a RPi or BBB, although I am looking into better clocks to use one of those with an I2S input DAC I am currently building.

Try Sonare Coeli in Wisconsin (Sonare Coeli.com | Esoteric Audio for the Home | Wisconsin and Midwest High-end Audio Dealer) where I purchased mine and received excellent communication and a seamless transaction by the way, and there's also Acoustic Sounds in Kansas (Vinyl Records, SACDs, DVD Audio, Audiophile Equipment | Acoustic Sounds) which I have also had good experiences with for music purchases(vinyl, SACDs and downloads).

Try Sonare Coeli in Wisconsin (Sonare Coeli.com | Esoteric Audio for the Home | Wisconsin and Midwest High-end Audio Dealer) where I purchased mine and received excellent communication and a seamless transaction.

Mee too!

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

Thanks for the responses. I purchased my turntable fom Acoustic Sounds, but they list the Aries Extreme as backordered. I will try and call Sonare Coeli next week.

[Home Digital] MSB Premier DAC > Modright LS300 > Atma-Sphere "Class D" Monoblocks > Daedalus Audio Muse Studio Speakers

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i ordered my Aries today from Nigel at Sonare Coeli. Nice chap, was very easy to work with. I got the one with the 2 fempto clocks and upgraded PSU.

A few questions for the crowd:

1) does the unit allow directly connected USB drives yet?

2) is the MAC/PC client done yet?

3) would it be worth removing the wireless card if I don't plan to use it?

I plan to use the XLR SPDIF to my current AudioNoteKits DAC 4.1. I'm also building another DAC which will be USB based.

i ordered my Aries today from Nigel at Sonare Coeli. Nice chap, was very easy to work with. I got the one with the 2 fempto clocks and upgraded PSU.

A few questions for the crowd:

1) does the unit allow directly connected USB drives yet?

2) is the MAC/PC client done yet?

3) would it be worth removing the wireless card if I don't plan to use it?

I plan to use the XLR SPDIF to my current AudioNoteKits DAC 4.1. I'm also building another DAC which will be USB based.

1) By the time you get it the USB HD should be out. If not, wait until the end of this month

2) ?

3) You can't remove anything. You just switch between wireless and wired via the App in DS from your iPad.

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

1) By the time you get it the USB HD should be out. If not, wait until the end of this month

2) ?

3) You can't remove anything. You just switch between wireless and wired via the App in DS from your iPad.

#2 refers to a PC or OSX app that would control the Aries like the iPad app does.

As I am out of town next week, it will be December before I get around to installing in my system.

Thanks for the reply.

#2 refers to a PC or OSX app that would control the Aries like the iPad app does.

As I am out of town next week, it will be December before I get around to installing in my system.

Thanks for the reply.

Gotcha. Sorry. iPad now and Android is next. They're working hard on it.

By the time you get back and get it installed the new firmware should be released that allows for USB HD support.

• 1 month later...