IGNORED

Bitperfect rip with apple CD drive

Can I get bit perfect files if I use apple supreme cd ext. drive attached by the built in USB to my Macbook Pro (late 2013, retina, no optical drive) and Max for the ripping application? Or does the usb connection from ext. cd to Mac contaminate with uncorrectable jitter?

Can I get bit perfect files if I use apple supreme cd ext. drive attached by the built in USB to my Macbook Pro (late 2013, retina, no optical drive) and Max for the ripping application? Or does the usb connection from ext. cd to Mac contaminate with uncorrectable jitter?

You can get a bit perfect rip with *any* drive as long as the drive is not defective. "Jitter" is not embedded or generated during a rip.

The important thing is to use a software package that will tell you if the rip is not good by comparison against the AccurateRip database. XLD is my choice for this, but dBpoweramp also has a beta out that is very good on the Mac. Not sure if Max offers this feature.

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system