IGNORED

First post! PSU sounding waaaaay different, Need help, Am I crazy or what is happening!

I have Z77 chipset, 2600k, Win2012, Everything is tight and optimized, with a USB3 PCI-E card, and just one Intel SSD. Feeding my DAC over USB (DAC has it's own power).

Been changing from a Corsair hx750 and an corsair vx450w and listening to the difference.

Even though the Vx450w is much less effective and older it sounds way more open and musical.

The strong and muscular HX750 makes everything muddy and without snap.

Am I just crazy? Ear-Fatique? Any others that have had the same experience?

Monitoring: Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro.

- The HX750 shall have lower amounts of ripple and noise according to measurements. (!)

Edit: (!!!) I might also get more jitter from my SSD drive according to HD Tune Pro. Could PSU affect Random Acess times on my SSD? Wow.

1. VX450W (PIC) -------------------------------------- 2. HX750W (PIC)

vx450W.jpg

hx750w.jpg

I am not sure what there is to understand. The 450 sounds better than the 750, and there are many potential reasons. The 750 might pass more noise, be a poor design or be defective. Do you have a specific question?

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

I am not sure what there is to understand. The 450 sounds better than the 750, and there are many potential reasons. The 750 might pass more noise, be a poor design or be defective. Do you have a specific question?

I'd like to understand in more theory but I see that you just go by "use what sounds best". That is what I might also do.

Thank you.