IGNORED

Sam Smith - Thanks alot Britain!

So, I'm watching the MTV Video Music Awards last night with my wife (yeah, slow night).

Sam Smith, the media robot comes on and sings his song... Sam Smith. You know, the putz in the TV commercials, "Hey America, here is your new star, buy Sam Smith's new album- he's soulful!"

You know, this guy:

SamSmith_zpsf48decd1.jpg

Listening to him sing, I'm thinking to myself "so this is how the world ends". Then, during his song the camera cuts to the audience and you see some of the Kardashian girls in the audience, getting all worked up and emotional singing along to Sam's song.

Then, it dawns on me- we've been had. Sam Smith is not real!

Sam Smith was created by the British media as payback to America for unleashing this on the world:

Kardashians_zps2466b982.jpg

Well played Britain, well played......

Speakers: Melco N1A/2 | EtherRegen/URendu | Denafrips Gaia | Denafrips Terminator Plus/Lampizator Golden Gate | Jeff Rowland Coherence II Series 2 pre | Blue Circle Audio BC-202 amp | Raidho XT-1 | Revel B112 subs  

Headphones: Lampizator Golden Atlantic/Holo Spring 3 KTE | Blue Circle Audio SBT pre|  Eddie Current Zana Deux Super | Hifiman HE-1000SE/Arya Stealth/Audeze LCD-4z

That is the most fiendishly vile thing that they have done to us since Teletubbies.

We'll take responsibility for the Teletubbies... But vile marketing ploys you have to take responsibility for yourself America!!

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

• 2 weeks later...

I was helping a friend set up a new iPad Air yesterday and she had some credits on her account and mentioned this guys album. Searching the store and sampling several songs only one word came to mind, WHY

"If you fly a flag of hate you are no kin to me"

Ry Cooder

I was helping a friend set up a new iPad Air yesterday and she had some credits on her account and mentioned this guys album. Searching the store and sampling several songs only one word came to mind, WHY

While I agree there is better music ... considering mainstream (chart) music there is much much worse.

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

I've seen him cover Bruno Mars's "When I Was Your Man" and i must say, his vocal control is crazy! (good).

Computer > iFi iUSB Power Supply > iFi iPurifier USB Conditioner> iFi iLink USB to SPDIF Converter >

Matrix Audio X-Sabre DAC > AMB Balanced Beta 22 AMP>

|ϟ| SVS SB-1000 Subwoofer |ϟ| Adam A7X Monitors |ϟ| Sennheiser HD800 Headphones