IGNORED

Technical forum area.

Chris, can we have a 'Technical' heading in the forum, please?

Some of the recent threads have been extremely interesting and informative and very, very frightening! Whilst adding considerably to the sum of knowledge on the forum, which is obviously a very good thing, I can't help getting the feeling that some of the more technical discussions that are going on are not really helpful when it comes to people feeling able to ask for more general help. It isn't at all necessary to know how a DAC works, or how to measure sub-atomic jitter, in order to choose an audition short list for your new CAS system!

What do we think, people?

I agree Bob ... think maybe Chris needs to look at the forum headings (some seam a little narrow and people don't know where to put things) ... maybe I could make a suggestion of ...

Equipment

- Computer Hardware (including drives, NAS, processors, interface cards etc)

- DACs (including firewire and USB interfaces)

- Other audio hardware (discussions on amps, speakers, etc)

- Software

- Music server hardware (non-computer based, i.e. Linn DS; Sooloos; Sonos; Squeezebox, etc)

Music (same as current)

Technical Discussions

- General (all discussions in one thread for now)

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.