IGNORED

40% off selected Qobuz highres downloads

Notre sélection d'albums HD 24 bits à prix spécial ! dans les albums à télécharger en qualité CD (Lossless), Studio Masters

A bit more than 100 highres albums at 40% off or €8.99 each. Mainly pop and jazz from pearls like Kind of Blue to Britney Spears.

Nicely timed to coincide with Qobuz' arrival in the USA. Yup, got an email from them this morning. Headed over there now.

Office: MacBook Pro - Audirvana Plus - Resonessence Concero - Cavailli Liquid Carbon - Sennheiser HD 800.

Travel/Portable: iPhone 7 or iPad Pro - AudioQuest Dragonfly Red - Audeze SINE or Noble Savant

Nicely timed to coincide with Qobuz' arrival in the USA. Yup, got an email from them this morning.

Thanks for pointing this out. Sure enough, I got an email too. Off to incur a monthly obligation, I think.

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

Hmm. Apparently there's still no Qobuz streaming service in the US? If that's the case, I'm disappointed.

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Well, that was a nice bucket of ice water to start the day.

Clicked on the link in the Qobuz email, picked out three albums to download (including the BPO Schumann symphonies set), went to check out and ... the magic words "n'est pas disponible dans votre pays" popped up. The 50 percent discount code also not working.

Will be firing off an email after I calm down.

Umm, fellas, what the heck is going on here?

Office: MacBook Pro - Audirvana Plus - Resonessence Concero - Cavailli Liquid Carbon - Sennheiser HD 800.

Travel/Portable: iPhone 7 or iPad Pro - AudioQuest Dragonfly Red - Audeze SINE or Noble Savant

I sent the email to Qobuz yesterday morning and received this reply...

Hello,

Qobuz open to international but not in your country.

Only UK, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, NL, Belgie, Luxembourg & Irland.

Qobuz is really sorry because you received our message.. Our International developpement grow up and your country will be open soon.

So it looks like a false alarm so far...

I sent the email to Qobuz yesterday morning and received this reply...

Hello,

Qobuz open to international but not in your country.

Only UK, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, NL, Belgie, Luxembourg & Irland.

Qobuz is really sorry because you received our message.. Our International developpement grow up and your country will be open soon.

So it looks like a false alarm so far...

Hmph ... well, just for giggles, I'll try from the hotel's Wi-Fi network when I'm in London next week.

Gang,

Here is what is going on. Qobuz was open to let many of us in the USA hop on their lossless streaming service by signing up our emails to an account in France or the UK (and deal with streaming from inefficient but often workable servers overseas). For those of us that have a UK server account we received emails that said Qobuz has started hirez download service "in our country" (which is technically true, since our country of service is the UK). Nevermind that our emails are in the US. They are not thinking that through, so it appears that they are implying hirez download service in the US, but they are not.

US service is Q4 at the earliest.

Hey,

Don't know if this is related to that sale, but this album I highly recommend if you like this kind of music. Excellent recording quality and performance in native 24/96 format! In my case the cost was 10EUR.

Jean-Philippe Rameau : Le Grand Théâtre de l'amour (Édition Studio Masters) | Jean-Philippe Rameau par Sabine Devieilhe – Album herunterladen und abspielen

0825646395835_230.jpg

--

Krzysztof Maj

http://mkrzych.wordpress.com/

"Music is the highest form of art. It is also the most noble. It is human emotion, captured, crystallised, encased… and then passed on to others." - By Ken Ishiwata

Gang,

Here is what is going on. Qobuz was open to let many of us in the USA hop on their lossless streaming service by signing up our emails to an account in France or the UK (and deal with streaming from inefficient but often workable servers overseas). For those of us that have a UK server account we received emails that said Qobuz has started hirez download service "in our country" (which is technically true, since our country of service is the UK). Nevermind that our emails are in the US. They are not thinking that through, so it appears that they are implying hirez download service in the US, but they are not.

US service is Q4 at the earliest.

Except I'm only registered here in Los Angeles with no UK server account so my country of service is the US and I received the email also.

Except I'm only registered here in Los Angeles with no UK server account so my country of service is the US and I received the email also.

I did not receive the email. My account is set up in France, even though I live in the US.

I think it's safe to say they're only sending emails to folks who are registered in one of the countries to which they have recently begun offering services:

Screen Shot 2014-08-25 at 2.32.38 PM.png

which does not include the US - yet.

I'm kind of afraid once they *do* include the US, I'll actually lose a good deal of my access, in that they probably *won't* be able to sell releases already available on HDTracks, etc. - I've actually come to rely on them as a low-cost alternative for current downloads :/

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

My situation is very similar. I'm just registered in Virginia, with no overseas account. I definitely have signed up to be notified when Qobuz streaming is available in the US, but nothing beyond that. I can only conclude the email was sent in error to those of us registered in the US.

--David

My situation is very similar. I'm just registered in Virginia, with no overseas account. I definitely have signed up to be notified when Qobuz streaming is available in the US, but nothing beyond that. I can only conclude the email was sent in error to those of us registered in the US.

--David

Yep..

My situation is very similar. I'm just registered in Virginia, with no overseas account.

I registered my email address with Qobuz 3 months ago and received the following email:

"We have updated your account. Now you can use our services on Qobuz. Please note, apps and interface will be in French."

Did you receive a similar email?

Apparently, this means Qobuz registered me as domiciled in France, as confirmed by the fact that if I visit their UK store anonymously, and then login with my email address and password, a message appears in small type on the top left of the screen:

"Do you want to stay on Qobuz United Kingdom instead of your local store?"

followed by a button "Go to Qobuz France"

HQPlayer (on 3.8 GHz 8-core i7 iMac 2020) > NAA (on 2012 Mac Mini i7) > RME ADI-2 v2 > Benchmark AHB-2 > Thiel 3.7

I registered my email address with Qobuz 3 months ago and received the following email:

"We have updated your account. Now you can use our services on Qobuz. Please note, apps and interface will be in French."

Did you receive a similar email?

I didn't get anything like that, AFAIK. If I log in to Qobuz and try to sign up for one of the subscription services, I get a message at the top of the sign-up page that says, "Cette offre n'est pas accessible depuis votre pays (United States)," so Qobuz knows where I am, and they're not playing any locality games with me. So I'm sticking with my "email sent out to a bunch of people in error" theory.

I have to say — even though I'm not exactly Mr Law and Order — I'm a little shocked by these locality deals Qobuz seems to be making with a number of US customers. Bob, you know a lot more about IP law than I do, but this doesn't seem like a great course of action for a company that ultimately plans to have a legitimate presence in the US but hasn't yet closed all the necessary deals.

--David

I have to say — even though I'm not exactly Mr Law and Order — I'm a little shocked by these locality deals Qobuz seems to be making with a number of US customers. Bob, you know a lot more about IP law than I do, but this doesn't seem like a great course of action for a company that ultimately plans to have a legitimate presence in the US but hasn't yet closed all the necessary deals.

--David

+1...this is what i meant..