IGNORED

Qobuz available in US

I just got an email stating Qobuz service is available in US. Have fun!

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

I just went to the website and did not see the USA in the drop down choices?

Strange...maybe I got the email by mistake? Or it was just a mass email? Sorry about that. I assumed since I got it that the service must be available in the states. Those crazy French!

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

If you've requested a Quboz lossless streaming service, and are US based, then you were given a EU service (likely UK or France). So your email is registered to one of those services/servers. The email you received is NOT about streaming service nor about coming to the US at all! It's about their download service (highrez and lossless) coming to your country...in this example UK or France.

Please change the thread title; it's very misleading.

For those of us who are in the USA, Qobuz retricts some highrez downloads. In my case, it was over a Chandos' release.

I emailed them and they lifted all restrictions for me. The only qualifier is that all downloads and software (i.e. Qobuz Downloader) must remain in French. All of their newsletters are in French also. I have not had any problems since then.

I know that this has been covered before, but since this thread has been started, I thought I would mention it. It took several days for Qobuz to get back to me, so you must be patient.

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham. 

I also received a Qobuz email saying that I was finally able to buy downloads from them, although I've been doing that for a few years already. Only certain Universal Classics downloads have not been available to me.

The email didn't mention my country, so it might be that they sent it to anyone without an address in France.

Claude

• 2 months later...
For those of us who are in the USA, Qobuz retricts some highrez downloads. In my case, it was over a Chandos' release.

I emailed them and they lifted all restrictions for me. The only qualifier is that all downloads and software (i.e. Qobuz Downloader) must remain in French. All of their newsletters are in French also. I have not had any problems since then.

I know that this has been covered before, but since this thread has been started, I thought I would mention it. It took several days for Qobuz to get back to me, so you must be patient.

How does one get Qobuz to lift the country restrictions for the USA? So far I have not been able to have success.

How does one get Qobuz to lift the country restrictions for the USA? So far I have not been able to have success.

I did not do anything special except to email them and state that I was not able to buy the Chandos recording that I wanted. Two days later they lifted all restrictions with the only caveat that my communications would be in French. If they are not doing that now, they have evidently changed this policy.

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham. 

email their info@ address (support) from the email you want to login with. Tell them your name and country and they will setup an account for you as if you are in France.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

email their info@ address (support) from the email you want to login with. Tell them your name and country and they will setup an account for you as if you are in France.

Sigh, they wouldn't let me in. Were actually kinda rude about it. Must have changed the policy.

I did not do anything special except to email them and state that I was not able to buy the Chandos recording that I wanted. Two days later they lifted all restrictions with the only caveat that my communications would be in French. If they are not doing that now, they have evidently changed this policy.

Anyway "Downloader Qobuz" is in French.

You could go also NetShade way NetShade | Rayner software

Roch

• 1 year later...

So is Qobuz ever going to be available in the US? I am not very happy with the selection of my Tidal subscription in terms of Classical music, (including lesser known repertoire, medieval, baroque, opera and other stuff). They also view it only under the "song" paradigm, which is totally inadequate to these genres. For what I see in Qobuz ads, they target these interests a lot better, but of course, they're not available in the US. Does anyone have an update?

Thank you!

Gabe.

Just your average renaissance guy...

So is Qobuz ever going to be available in the US? I am not very happy with the selection of my Tidal subscription in terms of Classical music, (including lesser known repertoire, medieval, baroque, opera and other stuff). They also view it only under the "song" paradigm, which is totally inadequate to these genres. For what I see in Qobuz ads, they target these interests a lot better, but of course, they're not available in the US. Does anyone have an update?

Thank you!

Gabe.

When Qobuz was saved from bankruptcy at the beginning of the year there was some talk about eventually going to the US.

However, I'd guess given how tricky it is to make money with streaming (even worse for lossless presumably) they probably want to consolidate their position in Europe first.

Getting as a new entrant into the US won't come cheap; I wouldn't be surprised if there is some upfront payment required should they formally get US streaming rights, and then there is the marketing expense.

• 4 weeks later...

Any consistent work around to get Qobuz yet??

I did not know about the almost bankruptcy.

I hope it stabilizes well and comes to these coasts. We need something different.

If/when you learn anything more to this effect, please let me know. I'm interested in subscribing.

Thank you!

Gabe.

HQ Player (#1) & Audrivana (#2) (wow! love the Apple w/music!!) .. these two software make my system "Amazing!", Purist USB- Benchmark DAC2 HGC (love it!), Purist Audio XLR , ATC SCM25A's (To Die For!) & Focal sub6 . Triode Power Cables with Uber Buss (Yes!) Also enjoy Audeze LCD3 w/"fat pipe cardas."

I successfully created an account on Qobuz 4 months ago using a Proxy Server (VPN) service called Tunnel Bear. Tunnel Bear offers Great Britain as one of its options for a server location, which has the advantage of being the only Qobuz country whose language is English :) I also have another Qobuz account purportedly in France because a few albums have different pricing and availability.

Tunnel Bear is free for less than 500 MB data per month, which is far more than you need to register an account on Qobuz. I found the Tunnel Bear extension for Chrome more convenient than the standalone app.

Tunnel Bear was recommended in this Tidbits article:

FunBITS: How to Watch the 2014 World Cup Online

HQPlayer (on 3.8 GHz 8-core i7 iMac 2020) > NAA (on 2012 Mac Mini i7) > RME ADI-2 v2 > Benchmark AHB-2 > Thiel 3.7

I successfully created an account on Qobuz 4 months ago using a Proxy Server (VPN) service called Tunnel Bear. Tunnel Bear offers Great Britain as one of its options for a server location, which has the advantage of being the only Qobuz country whose language is English :) I also have another Qobuz account purportedly in France because a few albums have different pricing and availability.

Tunnel Bear is free for less than 500 MB data per month, which is far more than you need to register an account on Qobuz. I found the Tunnel Bear extension for Chrome more convenient than the standalone app.

Tunnel Bear was recommended in this Tidbits article:

FunBITS: How to Watch the 2014 World Cup Online

Thank you. I tried tunnel bear a few months ago and failed. But I will begin anew and give it a go!

I have been listening to Qobuz for 3 or 4 years now. I was 'walked through' the process by a fellow on a different forum than this whose monicker was audio.bill(if I remember correctly)-I politely asked in both French and English and I MAY have used a VPN and was given an address in New France which is what the Northeast would have been called if the French had won on the Plains of Abraham(I thought that was pretty cheeky) BUT as someone above has suggested Qobuz may have changed their policy.I would just keep trying it is a wonderful site.

I'm traveling outside the USA at the moment just with my iPad..I downloaded tunnelbear VPN app... created a free account and I'm using the VPN.. I went to Qobuz and created and account in a few minutes..I downloaded the beautiful Qobuz player. The soon I'm back home I will try tunnelbear VPN on my MacPro/Mac Mini and try to sign for pay account..

i will report soon. Enjoying Qobuz at the moment.. Happy.

Sorry, Thank you Bob!

Just for music:Mac Mini 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5 60GB SSD, 16GB RAM (Mid 2011) OS X El Capitan 10.11.3 > WD NAS 6TB > Audirvana+>Roon Server > HQPlayer >iPad for Roon Remote> Teac UD-503 DAC > Audio Quest Cinnamon USB cable > Cambridge Audio Azur 840C > Cambridge Audio Azur 840A > Polk LSi 15 > DIY Speaker Cables.