IGNORED

2 computer sound, winter project

I have been noticing that the setups that use two computers such as Jplay, HQ Audio Player, and AO/WinServer 2012 have been getting pretty glowing reviews. I am thinking that this might be a project to try in the upcoming winter! Has anyone tried the three that I have mentioned, is one easier to set up that the others? I have a good i7 desktop that I would use and I have a few older beasts that could most likely serve as the player. Thanks in advance for any info!

Jim

I can only speak for Server + AO. It's a snap. AO has a great install package that makes it so easy to use. Highly recommended. By the way, I too will be exploring a two PC system in the near future.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

Our software, JRiver Media Center, can be run in this client/server mode, but it makes no difference in the sound. To imagine that it could be otherwise is, well, to imagine that could be otherwise.

Jim Hillegass / JRiver Media Center / jriver.com

Our software, JRiver Media Center, can be run in this client/server mode, but it makes no difference in the sound. To imagine that it could be otherwise is, well, to imagine that could be otherwise.

Interesting comment. Just wondering if Jriver has actually tried a two pc setup and found it to make no difference? If so, what were the specs of the system? I am not challenging you but rather this is something I am interested in perhaps trying so I want to hear about people's experiences.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

What's the point of running JRiver in a client/server mode then? I rip using dBpoweramp and use JRiver as a media maintenance tool but I am currently playing music on a diskless atom based MB using Daphile and I am loving it!

Jim

Library Server has been a part of JRiver Media Center for many years.

Library Server - JRiverWiki

Network Primer

You can use it to serve files from one PC to another. I've used it extensively at home and at work.

Separating the client from the server does nothing for audio quality.

But now we're in bits are bits territory, so I'll just let you continue your discussion.

Jim Hillegass / JRiver Media Center / jriver.com

Library Server has been a part of JRiver Media Center for many years.

Library Server - JRiverWiki

Network Primer

You can use it to serve files from one PC to another. I've used it extensively at home and at work

Separating the client from the server does nothing for audio quality.

But now we're in bits are bits territory, so I'll just let you continue your discussion.

I guess that is what I want to see for myself, if it does make a difference. My minimal atom machine sound great, and since I have spare capable hardware sitting around I plan on trying a 2 machine setup.

Jim