IGNORED

External USB Five CD Changer and EAC ripping

G0bble

Hello

I have more a few 100s of CD's waiting to be ripped since many years because I'm too lazy to do it one by one manually.

I am thinking if I could get a 5 CD changer tray, load it in the morning and get EAC to rotate through each and rip that would solve my problem. I could just come back home to swap the next 5 set of CDs and move on with my life. Other option is wait for humanoid Robots to become a reality. I run EAC on wine in Ubuntu.

Is there such an external usb multi-CD reader available?

How does one automate rotation in the shell? What linux command does one give to the device for that.

Anyone successfully got EAC to rotate like this? Please share your experiences.

Thanks

G0bble

Not with EAC; but with dbPowerAmp you can connect multiple CD drives and they will be all read from.

Either connect several via USB or get a case you can put multiple internally.

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

It seems pretty silly to spend money on a changer for only a few hundred CDs. I inserted one whenever I walked by the machine, and it was done with very little effort.

Not with EAC; but with dbPowerAmp you can connect multiple CD drives and they will be all read from.

Either connect several via USB or get a case you can put multiple internally.

Eloise

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

It seems pretty silly to spend money on a changer for only a few hundred CDs. I inserted one whenever I walked by the machine, and it was done with very little effort.

I don't disagree... But if the op wants to go that route an internal drive costs about £10 and a USB connected drive about £15...

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

Really? Wow, that is cheap! I was expecting another decimal point.

I don't disagree... But if the op wants to go that route an internal drive costs about £10 and a USB connected drive about £15...

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz