IGNORED

DSD with Ayre QB9 & Audirvana

LBob

Does Audirvana 1.5.12 recognize an Ayre QB9 as capable of DSD 64. I have mine set on auto-detect and the DSD 64 does not light up (Thanks Musicophile for the tip). I get DSD files converted to 176. Until recently I thought that was normal. I tried resetting the device (deselecting the Ayre then reselecting it) but that didn't seem to work. I run it in integer mode if that makes any difference. Any ideas on what's happening?

2012 MacMini 8G ram -> Audirvana + 3.0 -> Mcintosh MHA 100> Nordost > Audeze LCD X

Does Audirvana 1.5.12 recognize an Ayre QB9 as capable of DSD 64. I have mine set on auto-detect and the DSD 64 does not light up (Thanks Musicophile for the tip). I get DSD files converted to 176. Until recently I thought that was normal. I tried resetting the device (deselecting the Ayre then reselecting it) but that didn't seem to work. I run it in integer mode if that makes any difference. Any ideas on what's happening?

IIRC, choosing DSD over PCM standard 1.0 in the Audio System preference (instead of auto-detect) does the trick.

Good listening,

jwr

IIRC, choosing DSD over PCM standard 1.0 in the Audio System preference (instead of auto-detect) does the trick.

Good listening,

jwr

That was easy (if you know how!). Thanks so much!

2012 MacMini 8G ram -> Audirvana + 3.0 -> Mcintosh MHA 100> Nordost > Audeze LCD X