IGNORED

Alternative clock for M2Tech HiFace EVO?

It is V flexible & can be connected in multiple configurations.

Try it in a variety of configurations to see which one produces the best results.

It has been reported in my circle of audio friends that even hooking multiple clocks in series provide improved results.

Best case scenario would be to get a rubidium master word clock to use as the reference for the unit.

Something like this:

Isochrone 10M | Antelope Audio

but with a price like this:

Rubidium Atomic Frequency Standard FE5650A Output 10MHz | eBay

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob

....just an "ON" switch, Please!

I really do like the MC-3+ ,-)

Unfortunately, the MC-3+ might not work at the Evo clock input (Evo requires 22.5792 MHz or 24.576 MHz, MC-3+ delivers just 11.2896 / 12.2880 MHz).

However, using a MC-3+ in re-clocker mode might be a worthwhile option. In this case, adding a good (!) 10 MHz pushes SQ up guite noticeable. Good means not a Rb clock (have tried two - Antolope wasn't the best ,-) but a good OCXO on a clean psu. OCXOs tend to have quite less noise compared to Rb clocks. The long time stability provided by a Rb clock isn't needed for audio.

But be warned: you might end up like me, having three MC-3+ in the chain all sync-ed by a 10MHz source (in my case: DIY using Paul Hynes psu and TADD-1 as a distribution amplifier; Mutec plans to offer such a device later this year).

Cheers

Ulli

• 3 months later...
Unfortunately, the MC-3+ might not work at the Evo clock input (Evo requires 22.5792 MHz or 24.576 MHz, MC-3+ delivers just 11.2896 / 12.2880 MHz).
Just learned: the new MC-3+ USB will also support both WCLK rates, 22.5792 MHz and 24.576 MHz.

MC-3+ USB is expected to be available in Q1/2015.

Ulli