IGNORED

Article: California Audio Show, Alpha DAC RS, and Devialet

Hi Chris-

Push them to add some kind of DSD capability. They told me it is in their plans for the "future"....

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Hey Chris, as a CR-1 owner as well excited to hear they r now part of the SAM program. Which model do you think will work best as the cr-1 r not very efficient. Hope to see you at show.

Nick

Hi Nick - Not sure which Devialet is best for the CR1, but will provide my opinion on the 200 / 400. Please say high if you pass me at the show.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

anyone hear the new Berkley? I would appreciate your opinions. Thank you.

HQ Player (#1) & Audrivana (#2) (wow! love the Apple w/music!!) .. these two software make my system "Amazing!", Purist USB- Benchmark DAC2 HGC (love it!), Purist Audio XLR , ATC SCM25A's (To Die For!) & Focal sub6 . Triode Power Cables with Uber Buss (Yes!) Also enjoy Audeze LCD3 w/"fat pipe cardas."

Its a clear journalist ethics violation.

From 29 "Staff members may not accept free or discounted transportation and lodging except where special circumstances give us little or no choice."

http://bit.ly/1sRLKcV

Let me take a crack at this.

Chris has been open about the fact that he makes visits on the manufacturer's dime.

He's not concealing the point.

Moreover, as he says, it is standard practice in this industry . . . love it or not.

This is a very small industry. If he and audio magazine reviewers had to rely on their own budgets to visit companies like Linn, DCS, and Aurender, I'll bet we wouldn't see nearly as many such articles.

So that's our choice. We can read those articles knowing the circumstances under which they're written, or we can ask that they not be written in the name of journalistic ethics.

I want to see these articles and I suspect I'm far from alone on that point.

RealAudio, if you don't like the fact that Chris has his trips paid for, I'd suggest you not read the articles related to those trips.

Joel

Let me take a crack at this.

Chris has been open about the fact that he makes visits on the manufacturer's dime.

He's not concealing the point.

Moreover, as he says, it is standard practice in this industry . . . love it or not.

This is a very small industry. If he and audio magazine reviewers had to rely on their own budgets to visit companies like Linn, DCS, and Aurender, I'll bet we wouldn't see nearly as many such articles.

So that's our choice. We can read those articles knowing the circumstances under which they're written, or we can ask that they not be written in the name of journalistic ethics.

I want to see these articles and I suspect I'm far from alone on that point.

RealAudio, if you don't like the fact that Chris has his trips paid for, I'd suggest you not read the articles related to those trips.

Joel

If you can't say something nice, then please keep your thoughts to yourself, OR, look into the mirror and just smile...]

HQ Player (#1) & Audrivana (#2) (wow! love the Apple w/music!!) .. these two software make my system "Amazing!", Purist USB- Benchmark DAC2 HGC (love it!), Purist Audio XLR , ATC SCM25A's (To Die For!) & Focal sub6 . Triode Power Cables with Uber Buss (Yes!) Also enjoy Audeze LCD3 w/"fat pipe cardas."

And the not-nice thing I said was . . .
perhaps this did not go to the correct source ... opps meant for that member who is always so negative...

should have gone to realaudio...

I've heard it and I told Chris about my experience when I saw him at the show.

If anything, I had a bias against the experience I had.

Generally speaking, I expect digital equipment to have subtle differences.

But not in this case. I was amazed on the amount of detail I heard with this device.

In short, I'm very impressed.

Joel

perhaps this did not go to the correct source ... opps meant for that member who is always so negative...

Appreciate your taking responsibility for the mis-fire. While I agree with your conclusion, an error in posting is not the same thing as the content some of us find offensive. Though we tolerate different points of view that some of us get off being enlightened. Some of us question the wattage. But defend the right to comment.

Over and out.

Best,

Richard

PS

Chris keep up the good work.