IGNORED

XLD Extraction Mode

j dub

Is any one having a problem with opening a folder as a disc in the xld software? I'm trying to convert a m4a file to a aiff file when I select the open folder as a disc option and choose the file that I wont to convert XLD tell's me there is no file in the folder. Cant understand why this is happening because I know the file is there any help would be greatly appreciated.

Is any one having a problem with opening a folder as a disc in the xld software? I'm trying to convert a m4a file to a aiff file when I select the open folder as a disc option and choose the file that I wont to convert XLD tell's me there is no file in the folder. Cant understand why this is happening because I know the file is there any help would be greatly appreciated.

This happened to me once, this is because I had a older M4a file that had DRM copy protection on it ( I believe downloaded from iTunes back when they had copy protection - someone correct me if my recollection is wrong ).

Regardless if XLD works with other M4a files from other albums than it is due to DRM copy protection.

Silver Circle Audio | Roon | Devialet | Synology | Vivid Audio | Stillpoint Aperture | Auralic | DH Labs

Thanks for responding and the file copy protection does make sense but I used another program called MediaHuman Audio Converter and it converted the same file that XLD would not convert. the

MediaHuman Audio Converter is very simple in that it does not open files that are in folders it is a drag and drop program. If this makes a difference I'm not sure because the file/files are the same.

Thanks for responding and the file copy protection does make sense but I used another program called MediaHuman Audio Converter and it converted the same file that XLD would not convert. the

MediaHuman Audio Converter is very simple in that it does not open files that are in folders it is a drag and drop program. If this makes a difference I'm not sure because the file/files are the same.

Ok new answer, while it can convert lossless M4A files it cannot decode AAC .m4a files. These files are stored in a lossy format.

"Officially XLD is a tool for transcoding lossless audio files."

Silver Circle Audio | Roon | Devialet | Synology | Vivid Audio | Stillpoint Aperture | Auralic | DH Labs

Ok new answer, while it can convert lossless M4A files it cannot decode AAC .m4a files. These files are stored in a lossy format.

"Officially XLD is a tool for transcoding lossless audio files."

Wouldn't that be a pointless exercise anyhow, converting a lossy compressed file to lossless, with nothing gained sonically and a much larger file size?

Wouldn't that be a pointless exercise anyhow, converting a lossy compressed file to lossless, with nothing gained sonically and a much larger file size?

You are right, I should not have posted the last part in quotes as it is confusing, it would have been simpler to leave it as from what I have read, XLD cannot decode AAC .m4a files (which are lossy) but can convert lossless .m4a files.