IGNORED

Minimserver - How much to donate?

How much should we the user donate?  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

That's right!

So, since I'm using Minimserver & Minimwatch successfully I feel as though it's only proper to donate to the cause. The question is, how much?

What do you guys/gals think is reasonable?

Don't forget to use the poll.

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

Well as a guide...

Twonky ask $20 / €15 for their server and dbPowerAmp ask between £12 and £18 for the "premium" version of Asset UPnP. I think MinimServer is worth similar amount.

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

I voted $25.00 and that is what I will give if I can get installed without a very large number of errors concerning WAV files not being processed (an no I don't have the exact error message handy). In fairness, I haven't spent more than a few minutes on the problem. I stopped after reading one Minim forum message that implied the problem is not resolved. When I have time, I'll work on it. I don't think it is a serious problem.

If I get a year's continuous use from it, I'll contribute a bit more.

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

I also believe 25 would be appropriate, as this is more or less in the same ballpark as other comparable programs. I would be pleased to give another 25 however after I've used it for some time, say 1 year or so. It works very well on my Synology NAS and I'm mostly using the Kinsky App from my iPad (sometimes also Lumin).

• 3 months later...

I voted for $25 because it is wonderful software but required me to purchase/donate three other items of software to use (a tagging software, a ripping software, which was a donation, and a control point app, which was free). JRiver is $50 and is all inclusive (but I did buy JRemote for $10). BUT...I think it may be $50 because of the excellent service Simon provides, so I may reconsider in the future. I have zero complaints.

John

Positive emotions enhance our musical experiences.

Synology DS213+ NAS -> Auralic Vega w/Linear Power Supply -> Auralic Vega DAC (Symposium Jr rollerball isolation) -> XLR -> Auralic Taurus Pre -> XLR -> Pass Labs XA-30.5 power amplifier (on 4" maple and 4 Stillpoints) -> Hawthorne Audio Reference K2 Speakers in MTM configuration (Symposium Jr HD rollerball isolation) and Hawthorne Audio Bass Augmentation Baffles (Symposium Jr rollerball isolation) -> Bi-amped w/ two Rythmic OB plate amps) -> Extensive Room Treatments (x2 SRL Acoustics Prime 37 diffusion plus key absorption and extensive bass trapping) and Pi Audio Uberbuss' for the front end and amplification

• 1 month later...
If you add 0 as an alternative, it may well be more voters. ;)

EDIT: I only used for evaluation of a Naim streamer.

Right, I'd like to think if someone is using it on a regular basis they would contribute whatever they can. It's a labor of love I'm sure for Simon but at the same time if it costs him too much money and time it could disappear. At this point, that would suck for everyone that uses it.

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

Right, I'd like to think if someone is using it on a regular basis they would contribute whatever they can. It's a labor of love I'm sure for Simon but at the same time if it costs him too much money and time it could disappear. At this point, that would suck for everyone that uses it.

Not saying it's not worth contributing if you use it on a regular basis on the contrary. So if I did I would but it seems like a lot of people don't think that or haven't really thought about it.

Not saying it's not worth contributing if you use it on a regular basis on the contrary. So if I did I would but it seems like a lot of people don't think that or haven't really thought about it.

Right, that's why I started this thread. ;-)

I donated $25. I intend to double that amount. Very impressive work that Simon has done.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256