IGNORED

Where did the Audirvana website go?

Was it something I said?

Was probably a blip Bill .. http://audirvana.com works for me right now.

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

Many people have been noticing this in locations all across the world over the past few days. Perhaps has something to do with DNS, because folks who can't get there using Wi-Fi can access using the cell network.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

213.186.33.106 But when I tried that, I got a French SSL page, so that may not be the way in either. I'm thinking the comments may have had to do with the *user's* DNS....

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Works fine from here - it appears to be a very random thing, and my guess would be that it's affecting a server or servers hosting more than just the Audirvana site. I'll see if Damien is aware; perhaps he can ask his hosting company.

It definitely looks to be DNS issues ... i can still access the site (DNS cached somewhere) but doing a lookup for MX record gives...

Screen Shot 2014-08-05 at 16.41.49.png

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

What's the numerical IP address? I can't ping it, and don't get cellular at home. (I'm using google's DNS server.) It worked fine until this last weekend.

Gotta do an audiophile-quality ping Bill!

Peter

“We are the Audiodrones. Lower your skepticism and surrender your wallets. We will add your cash and savings to our own. Your mindset will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.” - (Quote from Star Trek: The Audiophile Generation)