IGNORED

Marantz NA-11s1 usability feedback requested

I know a few CA posters had used this Marantz and so I was looking for some feedback. I have read various reviews and think it would sonically be a very good match, but what I am most intrigued with is its network ability.Can anyone comment on how well the iPad app works playing from a DLNA file server? My intent is ultimately for it to be used like a Squeezebox Touch with a killer dac built right in. I saw one person complaining somwehere that the iPad app was slow and non-responsive in displaying titles and ultimately frustrating to use. Does anyone have any feedback on its user-friendliness through the ethernet function with iPad control? Can playlists be easily created etc.?

Roon ->UltraRendu + CI Audio 7v LPS-> Kii Control -> Kii Three

Roon->BMC UltraDAC->Mr Speakers Aeon Flow Open

I also saw in a review that it can recognize LMS as a server running on the network. Can it play from LMS? If it can then this might make the user interface more responsive vs DLNA.

I know a few CA posters had used this Marantz and so I was looking for some feedback. I have read various reviews and think it would sonically be a very good match, but what I am most intrigued with is its network ability.Can anyone comment on how well the iPad app works playing from a DLNA file server? My intent is ultimately for it to be used like a Squeezebox Touch with a killer dac built right in. I saw one person complaining somwehere that the iPad app was slow and non-responsive in displaying titles and ultimately frustrating to use. Does anyone have any feedback on its user-friendliness through the ethernet function with iPad control? Can playlists be easily created etc.?

Superb piece. No perfect solution as far as control though. One of the best I have found is PlugPlayer on the iPad in conjunction with Asset UPNP server on the computer side.

Pretty dynamic browsing, easy and quick access to libraries and terrific sound.

That Marantz piece is a real keeper unless you are hung up on DSD playback which it currently does not do.

David

Superb piece. No perfect solution as far as control though. One of the best I have found is PlugPlayer on the iPad in conjunction with Asset UPNP server on the computer side.

Pretty dynamic browsing, easy and quick access to libraries and terrific sound.

That Marantz piece is a real keeper unless you are hung up on DSD playback which it currently does not do.

Thanks so much for the feedback. So I assume the Marantz app isn't adequate?

I actually was just messing around with BubbleUPnP(chromecast/DLNA). I am not using it with the Marantz as I don't have it, but it seems to work pretty snappy with my ancient Roku Soundbridge and streaming from my mini-computer attached to my network which runs JRiver Generic DLNA. I am playing with using Bubble uPnP to control JRiver running on my desktop and it seems to work. Have you tried that one? I think there is a demo for free (I accidentally bought the license not realizing there was a free trial version. But it was only $5.) Does it do gapless the way you are using it? (I haven't really used DLNA to it's fullest before so I may be asking a silly questions) does the Marantz know the whole playlist?

Thanks again for your feedback.