IGNORED

daphile server, standard dac?

Hello the daphile server looks interesting, but only mentions usbs dacs, which I dont have

I do have a usb to spdif convertor (music fidelity) to go to my dac, will this work?

I was going to put the server on an intel nuc with usb harddrive for the music.

Hello the daphile server looks interesting, but only mentions usbs dacs, which I dont have

I do have a usb to spdif convertor (music fidelity) to go to my dac, will this work?

I was going to put the server on an intel nuc with usb harddrive for the music.

Yes, a USB to SPDIF converter should work as well.

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

Thanks guys, I look forward to having a play.

One other question, I don't have an external dvd device for instal, can it be installed via USB if i use netbootin or something?

Otherwise I could stick the drive in an old PC I have and install it then transfer to the NUC, if that will work?

Yes, not only can it be installed via USB, it can even be operated off of a USB stick with no installation onto the hard drive. There are some limitations with that approach, but for a first go-round, it's an easy way to get some experience with the program.

Joel

I have installed OpenMediaVault, VortexBox etc before so am reasonably comfortable.

Can't wait to have a go but am waiting on ram for the little NUC, had loads of it in a drawer, none of it right!

Looks like a great forum, if you guys have some links for noobs to Daphile stuff, especially for controlling it that would be great, the main website for it seems a bit spartan!