IGNORED

Hooking Up System - Order & Signal Path

I've recently finished acquiring all of my components, stands, cables, etc, and am now ready to connect everything. I'm a little confused on the areas of connecting order and cable signal path.

Does the below look correct as far as connecting order?

• MPSU - (Power Out Cable) - Mac Mini.

• Mac Mini - (USB Cable) - DAC.

• DAC MPSU (Power Out Cable) - DAC.

• DAC - (Analog Interconnects) - Pre Amp.

• Pre Amp - (Analog Interconnects) - Mono Block Amps.

• Mono Block Amps (Loudspeaker Cables) - Loudspeakers.

My loudspeaker cables are marked for signal path, as well as my analogue interconnects.

If the above order is correct, should my analogue interconnect cable signal direction be flowing from DAC to Pre Amp or Pre Amp to DAC? And Pre Amp to Amp or Amp to Pre Amp? Loudspeaker cables from Amps to Speakers or Speakers to Amps?

Your plan is correct (as far as can be judged from your post).

The direction of the interconnects does not matter*, as all signals transported are AC, i.e., current flows equally in both directions.

That said, the intended direction indicated by the arrows is from DAC -> pre -> amps -> speakers. Doesn't hurt to honour that ...

* Disclaimer for the overly pedantic: The direction might indirectly matter when the construction really is asymmetric (rare, e.g. shields connected only at one side).

Home: Apple Macbook Pro 17" --Mini-Toslink--> Cambridge Audio DacMagic --XLR--> 2x Genelec 8020B

Work: Apple Macbook Pro 15" --USB--> Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 --1/4\"--> Superlux HD668B / 2x Genelec 6010A

Your plan is correct (as far as can be judged from your post).

The direction of the interconnects does not matter*, as all signals transported are AC, i.e., current flows equally in both directions.

That said, the intended direction indicated by the arrows is from DAC -> pre -> amps -> speakers. Doesn't hurt to honour that ...

* Disclaimer for the overly pedantic: The direction might indirectly matter when the construction really is asymmetric (rare, e.g. shields connected only at one side).

Thanks Ringenesherre. I'm not overly pedantic, just based the signal flow question on the fact that my handmade, custom interconnects and speaker cables were told to me by the maker of being one-sided shielded. So thought I better double check. But everything you touched upon made perfect sense. Thanks, again.