IGNORED

NativeDSD initates free daily DSD track

Wispelwey on cello today - nice!

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Aargh - by the time I got around to downloading the Wispelwey was gone! (The new one's great, don't get me wrong.) Can someone tell me the track name? Would like to listen to the sample - maybe I want to buy the album.

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Aargh - by the time I got around to downloading the Wispelwey was gone! (The new one's great, don't get me wrong.) Can someone tell me the track name? Would like to listen to the sample - maybe I want to buy the album.

The previous Free DSD Download of the Day was the Wispelwey & Lazic album of Brahms Sonatas for Piano and Cello. Here's the link:

https://channelclassics.nativedsd.com/albums/24707-sonatas-for-piano-and-cello

The previous Free DSD Download of the Day was the Wispelwey & Lazic album of Brahms Sonatas for Piano and Cello. Here's the link:

https://channelclassics.nativedsd.com/albums/24707-sonatas-for-piano-and-cello

Thanks!

Hi Jud,

The daily track sampler catalog number is contained in the File Name when you download. Today's is 34313 Track 6. Putting that in the site Search gets:

SHOSTAKOVICH, WEINBERG

AMSTERDAM SINFONIETTA

It's a great album. I'm a big Shostakovich fan.

Enjoy!

Hi Jud,

The daily track sampler catalog number is contained in the File Name when you download. Today's is 34313 Track 6. Putting that in the site Search gets:

SHOSTAKOVICH, WEINBERG

AMSTERDAM SINFONIETTA

It's a great album. I'm a big Shostakovich fan.

Enjoy!

Hmm, I'll have to grab the DSD Stereo and Multichannel free track on that one and check it out.

Ahh Jud, I misunderstood! I thought you were looking for today's track ID. Glad Brian understood!

BTW, the daily track turns over at midnight Amsterdam local time. That's 6PM for us Easterners.

And 3pm each day for those of us on the West Coast, Pacific Time....

That info (the time the free track changes) needs to be added to the Just Listen web site so everyone knows how the program works.

Thanks to Tom (aka TailSpn) for explaining it.

• 5 weeks later...
I don't see any free download for today! Has the free daily track been stopped?

No, the free download hasn't been stopped, but the "automatic daily update" from a preloaded list of files site function doesn't always work as it should. It'll be back up as soon as it can be corrected.

Thanks for the heads up!

OOPs, I mixed up Tom with Todd. My bad.

We're joined at the hip wisnon :)

Todd and MA are Ted's find, and he's been talking with him when Todd's available.

As with the other labels on nativedsd.com, obtaining the DSD edited masters is a MUCH different preposition than just ripping their disks and uploading the result.

It's worth the time and effort, but the time is much longer than I would have ever expected.

Todd and MA are Ted's find, and he's been talking with him when Todd's available.

As with the other labels on nativedsd.com, obtaining the DSD edited masters is a MUCH different preposition than just ripping their disks and uploading the result.

It's worth the time and effort, but the time is much longer than I would have ever expected.

Yes Tom, I know its waaay better than PS3 rips (even though those are already excellent). Masters are the real deal...the holy grail.

Yes Tom, I know its waaay better than PS3 rips (even though those are already excellent). Masters are the real deal...the holy grail.

Well, emotionally and marketing wise, way better, but the jury's still out about the actual sound quality differences, if any.

For me, it's a preference thing. Like the difference between a real diamond and a great 1/1,000 the cost Cubic Zirconia. For all practical intents, they're identical. But I know the value between them, even though for the bling flashing/listening, they're the same.

DSD edited masters are just earlier in the production process, prior to the authoring and conversion to dst format stage. That's why it's taking us so long to get the content from the labels. It's not the way it's normally done. Normally labels send out the commercial pressing in whatever form produced, and the download sites transfer the files to their servers.

For very carefully produced DSD recordings with a minimal or no post production format conversions, it does make a difference, at least to my ears, on my full range electrostatic speaker system. For studio originated heavily processed music, I can't imagine it being different at all.

Todd's work, like most on nativedsd.com deserves the best file origination available.

As an additional example, download the Mahler 1 finale session file from nativedsd Just Listen. Not only is it the un-edited raw stereo analog mix, it's the BFO orchestra as they really are, flubs and all.

Recording sessions are very different than concerts. In a session, because the final result is a edited collection of several takes, and patches, the conductor and orchestra take chances they otherwise would never do in a paid concert. It's just a different experience, for me at least.

MA is a good find by Ted_B. No doubt about that. The two MA DSD Downloads in DSD128 on Just Listen are excellent. Having the entire albums on NativeDSD will be a big plus for many DSD DAC owners!

• 10 months later...

New one today - Blackbird.

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels