IGNORED

Auralic Lightning DS App (Software) - Impressions and Information

This might be a stupid question, but when in Artist View, if you select an artist from the slide out menu, you're now presented with a list of the albums. From the album list how do you get back to the artist list?

[br]QNAP+ -> Allo DigiOne Signature -> RequisiteAudio D3rs ->  McIntosh C52 -> McIntosh MC-275 MK VI -> Harbeth 30.1's via Roon

I guess I was expecting a way to get back to the initial view with the artists in the window where the albums now are, but yes I see that the slide out menu allows me to pick a new Artist.

Thanks for that I knew it would be something simple!

[br]QNAP+ -> Allo DigiOne Signature -> RequisiteAudio D3rs ->  McIntosh C52 -> McIntosh MC-275 MK VI -> Harbeth 30.1's via Roon

• 1 month later...
Yes still in works - I can verify it works for network drives on a NAS. This feature is supposed to become available with the 2.0 release of the Lightning DS application.

Can't wait :)

• 1 month later...

Has anyone been able to do an smb:// connection to their Synology? I keep getting unreachable errors.

My NAS has a fixed address (192.168.1.25) and my music is in the standard volume1/music folder. I can connect using my MAC to smb://192.168.1.25/music no problem, but with Lightning I get the error :(

I am running iOS 9, not sure if that has anything to do with it?

Just to let folks know, I had a reply from Mr. Wang about not being able to mount my NAS folder. The issue is due to the fact that the Aries does a ping to the NAS to see if it's reachable. If like me your NAS firewall rules block ping etc, then this fails and so you get the unreachable error. To fix it I've added a rule to my firewall to allow all port access (although ping isn't specifically a port type thing) for the specific IP address of my Aries (I'm using a fixed IP address via DNS). I can now mount my music folder on the NAS and it's currently scanning.

If you don't currently use a fixed IP for your Aries then I guess you'd have to add a rule to allow your entire subnet access in your firewall.

HTH

I know other's have already posted with comments on the same sentiment, but I just wanted to publicly acknowledge the fantastic customer support from Auralic. Yes, there were issues with the new LDS v2 update, and in hindsight developer builds of iOS 8.4 have been around for a while, so more testing could have been done, but having said all that, their reaction to the situation from my perspective has been nothing short of fantastic.

I raised the issue about SMB connections on Saturday evening (EST) and had replies my Sunday morning explaining the developer would look at the issue first thing on Monday. By the time I woke on Monday I already had emails explain the possible issue (See my previous post). At the same time Mr. Wang requested my UUID in order to send me the fixed version (2.0.1) to try. As someone who has an Apple Developer account I know how precious these are, so for Auralic to take the step of distributing a new version in this way is remarkable.

I've worked in the software industry for over 25 years and as someone who holds a CTO role within a nasdaq listed software company, I think they have demonstrated what going above & beyond is to help a customer. Yes at the end of the day the issue was of their making, but I can't imagine what more they could have done to help me, and others out.

I'm now happily streaming music straight from my NAS via an SMB connection and it all sounds great!

For those that have LDS 2.0.1 running, have you been able to add new albums without having to do a Rescan? I added a couple of new albums to my NAS, did 'Refresh Cache' but don't see the newly added tracks. The only way I could get the new stuff to appear was to do a 'Rescan'. Does anyone know if that's the intended behavior?

Thanks

Afraid not getting it to connect. Any other tips? A relative novice with this. Mine is a Synology DS 214play for what it's worth. Thanks

A couple of questions :

1. Do you have a fixed IP address assigned to your Aries? This is something you have to do on your DHCP server?

2. Have you added a new Firewall rule to your Synology that allows all port access from a specific IP address, using the fixed IP of your Aries?

(A quick way to test that #2 is working is to set the specific IP address in the firewall rule to that of your PC/Mac and try pinging your Synology to see if you get a response. Assuming that works OK, set the rule back to the fixed IP of your Aries.)

I never used Fixed IP and never have any problem with connections

My response was specifically in reference to using the new smb connection in LDS v2. Even in that case you don't need to use a fixed IP address, but personally I think it's a more secure option when adding a new rule to your NAS firewall if it's associated with a specific IP address. Likewise I also created a specific user account on my NAS for the Aries connection that only has specific access rights for the folder where my music is stored. If you're NAS isn't publicly available on the internet then none of this maybe a concern.

All Remotes and PC or Mac players I used till now have some kind of smart results filtering or Smart playlists but lightning server is very poor in that aspect.

For example, when I browse by Genre I get big bunch of albums and that's it. I can't further filter results by standard CD or high resolution, or sort albums in Genres by Artist name.

Submit an enhancement request. I submitted one just the other day for 'Smart Playlists'.

So who will install OS9 Beta on their iPad and report back, gulp?

I've been running the iOS 9 betas since the first developer release without issue other than the same issue everyone had with 2.0. I've had no issues so far with 2.0.1 on Beta 3.

I think I get what you're saying. But I'm not having any issue adding the files to my NAS.

It's LightningServer not refreshing and adding the updated music to the apps library.

I have the same issue. Adding new music to the NAS is not seen by the DS app. I had to rescan in order for the app to see my added music. Hopefully this will be fixed in a later release.

• 7 months later...
Apologies if this was asked and answered before. How does one search for music on Tidal while using Lightning DS? For example, I want to listen to Willie Nelson or Jay-Z or whatever - how do I find it?

Many thanks for your help.

Just use the regular search and if you scroll down the results you'll see that it shows entries from your library and then entries from tidal, assuming you've set tidal up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I should add that on they iPhone there are tabs at the top of the search for My Music, Tidal etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk