IGNORED

Auralic Lightning DS App (Software) - Impressions and Information

• 1 month later...

Thanks Ted. What does that mean for the Mini with its built-in DAC? Front end and back end are in the same box, there.

A lot of people will probably be disappointed by Auralic's lack of interest in fixing the UPnP problems. Me included. OH may be superior, but Auralic advertises with UPnP compatibility, which does not exist when people have severe problems using the Mini as an UPnP renderer e.g. with Jriver.

• 2 weeks later...

My Lightning DS has that problem of not finding a library sometimes. Could you try the following, if you haven't already?

Change from Library view to Folder view.

Go to Settings.

Go to the Library selection. Choose your library. Tap rescan.

On my iPad, this works. The app doesn't find the library in Library view, but has no problem in Folder view. Strange, but true.

• 1 month later...
Now I might just need to re-rip my whole CD collection, not something I am looking forward to. Also have to buy a new CD/DVD drive for my computer. The last one more or less dies after I ripped my collection for the 2nd time.

Any tips?

Why would you need to re-rip? To get rid of your (very complicated) folder structure, you just need to move the FLAC files up into the album folder. You can then rename all the file names (if you wish to do so) with a tagging program.

• 2 months later...
Hey guys, I just did installed the new Lightning DS Update that became available today for my iPhone and have since lost access to all of my music.

What update would that be? Auralic havent't announced an update either on their Facebook page or on their support page. Nothing in the Apple App Store fore my, either.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...