IGNORED

Auralic Lightning DS App (Software) - Impressions and Information

• 2 weeks later...

It sems that LDS/Aries easily gets confused unless LDS is active all the time. Earlier today, I listened to 14 tracks of a record. I then put my iPad to sleep and paused Aries using the remote. A couple of hours later, I resumed playing using the remote and woke up the iPad. LDS crashed immediate upon being activated. When I clicked it another time, it stayed running, but

both now LDS was one track behind, stating to be playing 2:51 mins into a 1:48 track, and the Aries display was staying at track 14, not counting elapsed time. This situation persisted for the rest of the record.

IMG_0233.jpg

[EDIT: for some reason, the CA software shows my Aries upside-down]

Given that LDS has quite some bugs left to be fixed, and Aries a couple too, what is the proper way to report them, [email protected], here or some third place?

IMG_0020.jpg

I too noticed this on some of my albums.

So, I compared the 'good' ones with the 'bad' ones and, in my case, the 'bad' albums contained the artist repeated twice in the album artist tag.

So, in my case, the issue is the tag values and not the app.

Ah! Just checked the Lumin app which also displays the artist twice, so clearly my issue is not the same as yours.

Alan

ps - I like the new blue bar indicating album covers being loaded. Nice touch.

I had the same problem with Aries/LDS/Minim and fixed them by reconfiguring Minim server. I entered the

Advanced Configuration page and changed the tagCustom field

from

Composer.displayRole\={artist}, AlbumArtist.displayRole\={artist}

to

Composer.displayRole\={artist}

I then stopped Minim Server, scratched its DB and started again.

Probably a simple Rescan operation would have had the same effect.

Finally, i Refreshed the LDS DB.

Now, don't have Artist name duplication.

Before the above operations, I had scratched the Minium and LDS dbs several times to no avail.

• 1 month later...
Is this correct? The Aries must have an internet connection to boot properly? How did I miss this in the write-ups and specifications?

This is a fatal flaw in my opinion, and will cause me to not purchase it if that is true.

Haven't tested it, but I could be a little worried that my Aries will brick if Auralic should cease to exist and the update server(s) become permanently unavailable.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I had problems with the new LDS continually crashing upon initial startup. I solved the problem by terminating the Lumin application, which I also had running. I btw also have have the blank browsing screen problem even though I'm only using IOS rev. 8.1.3 on my iPad Air.

It's sad that the new LDS release is hit by problems. It looks very good to me and I think that I'll use the Lumin app much less frequently. After having used LDS v2 for about an hour or so it also seems much more stable. Apart from really disliking me trying to mount a read-only SMB share in the Aries built-in media server, LDS hasn't crashed or frozen yet.