IGNORED

Auralic Lightning DS App (Software) - Impressions and Information

Yes, I know that. If you can see the tracks and select them from this screen (which you can) the track should be highlighted IMO.

Yes, I know what you mean, something like "cursor follows playback" & "playback follows cursor" functions. In current state of DS app, this problem occurs in long playlists. The playing track is eventually located on the tail of playlist, forcing the user to scroll the list and reveal the highlighted item.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Audio industry is fast moving to a scenario where software development best practices should be seriously taken into account. Most of the issues we are discussing here could be avoided with a tight release control and close attention to end users expectations.

• 3 weeks later...

UPnP/DLNA interoperability guidelines plus OpenHome concept is just a great combination and works nicely on many systems (when correctly implemented). I don't have any Auralic device, so, I can only elaborate about my readings on threads like this. My conclusion is Auralic should seriously review their development and QA pipeline with the addition of tight testing procedures. They should also provide options to a stable path (for the conservative user) and a branch for those fresh and risk versions (for the adventurous or advanced user).