IGNORED

Auralic Aries (Hardware) - Impressions and Information

I've settled on acquiring an Aries in the very near future.

Have decided that buying used may not be worth dispensing with Auralic's 3 year warranty.

Seeking recommendations on supportive retailer - none here locally.

TIA

Check out the dealer list on the Auralic website. Acoustic Sounds comes to mind as a good dealer.

AURALiC Aries LE -> Bryston BDA-2 -> BHA-1 -> Audeze LCD-2F or MrSpeakers Alpha Dog

AURALiC Aries Mini -> Bel Canto e.One DAC3 -> Sennheiser HDVA 600 -> HD 800 or HD 650

AURALiC Aries Mini -> Audeze Deckard -> Audeze LCD-2.2 or Oppo PM-1 or beyerdynamic K702

Looking for recommendation based on first hand experience from someone who's gotten good assistance/support/follow-up from an Auralic dealer.

Thanks.

Purchased mine from HiFi Heaven in Green Bay, WI. Brick & mortar. Good service.

AURALiC Aries LE -> Bryston BDA-2 -> BHA-1 -> Audeze LCD-2F or MrSpeakers Alpha Dog

AURALiC Aries Mini -> Bel Canto e.One DAC3 -> Sennheiser HDVA 600 -> HD 800 or HD 650

AURALiC Aries Mini -> Audeze Deckard -> Audeze LCD-2.2 or Oppo PM-1 or beyerdynamic K702

• 3 weeks later...

Updated smoothly after asking me if I wanted to reboot. Using WiFi via Linksys WRT1900AC.

• 6 months later...
When they initially came out I would say yes but not now . Firmware and iOS software updates have resolved most issues .

A very nice device .

+1

My Aries LE and Mini have been totally stable for the past few months. Not so a year ago.

Current Firmware Version 3.0 Build 20160111

Does this update apply to the Mini? My LE auto-updated itself to Version 3.0 overnight with no intervention on my part. My Mini is still at Version 2.10 and when I tap firmware refresh is says "Your firmware is up to date."

The Mini should auto update to v3. Power off for a moment.

Tried that earlier but it still didn't update. Just tried powering off for a longer duration (a couple of minutes) and it still stays at v2.10. I'll leave it unpluged for the rest of the day while I'm out and see what happens when I get home this evening.

Thanks for the help!

Wil

Mini won't update to Version 3.0

The Mini should auto update to v3. Power off for a moment.

Tried powering off for several hours then reconnected and waited for an hour. Still no update. Then decided to start over and take the Mini through the Setup Lightning Device routine. Still no update.

My Mini is still at Version 2.10 and when I tap firmware refresh is says "Your firmware is up to date." I must be missing something simple.

Browsed through the online docs to see if there was any way to do a hardware reset, but didn't find any info. Any help or suggestions would be most appreciated.

I have seen this with earlier versions . Have you completely turned off and Mini (unplug) and plug back in . This has worked for me in the past

Thied this numerous times with no luck.

A

I believe there was a bug in the past where the workaround was to switch from wired to wireless and back (or vice versa) as this would allow the update to be detected. I believe they fixed it, but it wouldn't hurt to try this.

Just tried this after bringing the Mini to my home office and connecting via Cat 6 cable. Switched back and forth between wired and wireless but still stuck at v2.10. I think it's time to contact Auralic

I had the same issue. What I tried was going into my wireless setting on my full Aries ... Then I changed my DNS server setting from Google DNS server to my ISP's DNS server. The Aries then displayed it was applying setting... Moments after coming back online, the Aries started downloading the new firmware.

John

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile mobile app

I changed my DNS settings as you suggested and was hoping it would update overnight, but that didn't happen.

Got a response from Auralic Support: "ARIES MINI is for Sell and Use in China Mainland Only!AURALiC will not provide any service for the units used outside contracted territory."

My Mini was purchased in November from an authorized Auralic dealer in Green Bay, WI. It included the Tidal subscription and a US power supply. I will make an appeal to Auralic and get the dealer involved since I'm 100% sure this is a Mini made for the US market.

Thanks to all that have given me help.

Wil

• 2 months later...
My 24/192 tracks are starting, and then kind of sputtering out after about 15 seconds. Several songs, several albums. Playing redbook and 24/96 fine. My DAC is supposed to be good to 384. My previous DAC did not even play anything above 24/96.

Anyone seen this and have any clues? Latest firmware on both DAC and Aries.

My Dac2se is at my office and has a laptop feeding it directly. I have not looked into HQP on my laptop there. Perhaps once I get my home system setup and working well. Hmm, would I have to buy a second HQP?

I have the problem occasionally. Closing then restarting the Lightning DS app on my iPad seems to cure it.

• 1 month later...

Rescan seems much faster.