IGNORED

Focal Spirit Pro & Senn HD25 Aluminum

I know that are rather different in looks, shape etc. but from what I read I come to the conclusion that have some similarities in sound.

Has anybody listened to them both?

Any comments about how they compare?

I would also appreciate a photo of them side by side to see how much bigger the fsp are for portable use!

Tnnx in advance!

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

Cables: Vovox, DIY, Furutech. 

Portable sources: iPad, DELL Laptop with JRiver MC26

I know that are rather different in looks, shape etc. but from what I read I come to the conclusion that have some similarities in sound.

Has anybody listened to them both?

Any comments about how they compare?

I would also appreciate a photo of them side by side to see how much bigger the fsp are for portable use! Tnnx in advance!

I had the predecessor to the Aluminum, the Amperior, so I'll base this on that. The FSP is big and not comfy, especially for portable use. The FSP is light in the bass, and the Amperior (and prob. Aluminum) are strong. The FSP is recessed in the upper treble and the Senn is not. My Amperior was an energetic sound, the FSP was bland.

I had the predecessor to the Aluminum, the Amperior, so I'll base this on that. The FSP is big and not comfy, especially for portable use. The FSP is light in the bass, and the Amperior (and prob. Aluminum) are strong. The FSP is recessed in the upper treble and the Senn is not. My Amperior was an energetic sound, the FSP was bland.

Really?

Because from what I read I thought that the fsp is quite energetic and punchy... No?

I always liked the HD25s and I read that the Aluminum is even better...

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

Really?

Because from what I read I thought that the fsp is quite energetic and punchy... No?

I always liked the HD25s and I read that the Aluminum is even better...

"Energetic and punchy" are someone's impressions - not an actual description of the response compared to a standard. The Amperior upper bass is boosted several db, and the FSP mid-upper bass is slightly recessed. Not by much, but comparing the slight recess to the boosted Amperior makes quite a difference. The Aluminum may be better than the Amperior (it very probably is, although the Amperior itself is definitely energetic and punchy), but the FSP is one of those "neutral" headphones like the MrSpeakers Alpha Dog, which I regard as very bland.

Anyone else having heard both cans?

Which do you prefer?

And speaking of the 25 Alu... a comparison withe the v-moda XS??

THNX!!

I haven't heard those particular Senns, but I own a pair of FSPs, and use them daily at work. I do not dispute dalethorn's opinion that they wouldn't sound as lively compared to the Senns.

It all depends on what you want to achieve from your headphone purchase. The FSP's sound signature that others may term 'bland' I call 'non-fatiguing'. At home, on MY time, I want a sparkling and exciting sound. At work, where the goal is to drown out this damn open-air "collaborative" environment with background music, I prefer a smooth and balanced sound.

I have amperiors and use them for plugging into my phone for portable use. Love em and they even isolate pretty well for on-ear. They clamp on very snugly though, and my head isn't particularly large. If you have a large-ish head then look elsewhere.

Roon ->UltraRendu + CI Audio 7v LPS-> Kii Control -> Kii Three

Roon->BMC UltraDAC->Mr Speakers Aeon Flow Open

Thnx guys...

I have read Tyll's review!

From the feedback up to now I think the hd25 alu is what I tend to prefer!

Having the 770AE (and liking it very much) I want something with different balance...

Any thoughts about the vmoda xs?

Anyone about the v-moda xs vs the Alu?

Anyone about the v-moda xs vs the Alu?

I can't compare directly, but if you know the B&W P5, the XS should have more energy than the P5, but not as smooth overall.

Thanx...

Unfortunately I don't know the P5

Well guys as you might have understand I am in search of a portable on ear... thw FSP is the bigger can I might accept as portable, the other options are the HD25 Alu (very good prise here in EU), the DT1350, the v-moda xs (from what I read I tend not to prefer it).

The only experience I have with the above is with the hd25 1-II. I like it. I like it's forward sound even though the genres I am listening mostly are not connected with forwardness :)!

The music I am listening mostly is classical (opera), jazz, ethnic and mainly acoustic music!

Right now I am listening to a borowed hd25 1-II. I can definatelly say that it has a character but it's quite nice character.. toe tapping , punchy, etc... not very smooth like my 770AEs, actually quite grainy compared to them, but with much more controled bass and much more presence in the mids qualities that if the 770AE had would be one of the best cans regardless the prise! From what I read the 25 Alu is not as grainy as the 25 1-II wich is a good thing.....

So given all the above... what would you recomend???

Thnx once more